New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's the overdrive switch.

-

"Solid axles" are not really "solid", but hollow. The driveaxles and differential are contained inside. This makes them much. Ore protected from off-road damage than if they were hanging out. This is also more durable off-road than the multi-link and double-wishbone suspension more common on newer cars.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    thank you!

lastly are they advisable to use in city driving? usually my top speed is 60km for fuel efficiency...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Solid means that one side is affected by the motion of the other side. The opposite of which is the more modern independent suspension. Sure you can toughen up an independent suspension like the hummer h1 but solid axles are simple and reliable.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    From the Bigjimny forum: "I thought we already discussed this model in a previous topic with better facts than a random blog on the interwebs :P It's not "the next Jimny", but a compact SUV concept called XA-Alpha by Suzuki/Maruti (India's version of Suzuki). There you go, more pictures: Maruti Suzuki XA-Alpha concept previews new compact SUV | CarAdvice"

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005

Suzuki unveils facelifted 2013 Jimny SUV ahead of Paris debut
    Suzuki unveils facelifted 2013 Jimny SUV ahead of Paris debut

The current generation of the pint-sized Suzuki Jimny has been on the market for no less than 14 years. A replacement is said to be coming in the near future but Suzuki has just given the SUV a shot of Botox to keep it looking fresh.

Aesthetically, the 2013 Jimny benefits from redesigned headlights and a more aggressive front bumper that boasts a larger air vent. The tiny offroader is also fitted with a less Jeep-like plastic grille that is now separate from the hood, a modification that should please the EuroNCAP.

The Jimny's 90s-inspired interior does not change and entry-level models are still equipped with roll-up windows. Safety-conscious buyers can order the SUV with two front airbags.

The only engine offered is a slightly anemic 85 horsepower 1.3-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine. It propels the SUV from zero to 62 mph in 14 seconds and on to a top speed of 87 miles per hour.

The 1.3-liter is bolted to a five-speed manual gearbox that can send power to all four wheels at the push of a dash-mounted button.

It should be noted that the Jimny is no longer offered with a diesel mill because the ancient Renault-sourced engine could not be modified to meet Europe's updated emissions regulations.

The facelifted Jimny will make its debut at the Paris Motor Show next fall and go on sale shortly after. Pricing information will be released closer to its launch.

Not offered in the United States, the Jimny is a direct descedant of the boxy Suzuki Samurai that was sold throughout the 1980s and 1990s.
    No more turbo diesel but still with hoodscoop, i hope this beauty reach our shores.
    If it's a facelift, then we still have the solid axles

If Renault manages to get diesels meeting updated emissions regulations for their cars, and for the Dacia Duster, Suzuki should get other excuse for the absence of a diesel version...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's the overdrive switch.

-

"Solid axles" are not really "solid", but hollow. The driveaxles and differential are contained inside. This makes them much. Ore protected from off-road damage than if they were hanging out. This is also more durable off-road than the multi-link and double-wishbone suspension more common on newer cars.
    Simply because it has lesser moving parts thus less strain on components....

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    I thought may Turbo na ung bagong Jimny, wala pala. Aesthetics lang pala.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    I thought may Turbo na ung bagong Jimny, wala pala. Aesthetics lang pala.
    Onga sir kala ko panaman dahil may hoodscoop ay turbocharged na siya kaso di rin pala medyo pricey pa for such a small SUV.

Oh well, suzuki is still suzuki kaya ok parin. Japan ehh..

Anyway, I'm looking forward for future updates on suzuki's 4x4 updates. Excited parin ako sa new jimny but I'd rather buy a 2nd hand jimny kesa mag bnew kung hoodscoop at grille lang ang pinagkaiba. Jimny's suspension is one reliable lift for a small SUV.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345