New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ^^^

I think claro naman what is meant by "cheap" in the context used.

As stated, intended as a utility/service vehicle for the business I'm running.
    Otherwise knows as "fleet use", but in this case, isa lang.
    Sometimes its not efficient for my employees to be hitching rides sa routes ng delivery vehicles namin, and there are situations when hindi naman tama to have them go around on motorcycles.

Even if not for personal use, pre owned can be a pain, so I'm looking at options. Given this vehicle's price, it's out. An Alto used to cost less than P400,000 not too long ago.

In any case, I just expressed my opinion that it seems silly for anyone to buy this, when they can get a "real" car (if one gets what I mean) kahit base model na Vios lang, eh halos similar lang din ang features; with the price not really too far off.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    ^^^

I think claro naman what is meant by "cheap" in the context used.

As stated, intended as a utility/service vehicle for the business I'm running.
    Otherwise knows as "fleet use", but in this case, isa lang.
    Sometimes its not efficient for my employees to be hitching rides sa routes ng delivery vehicles namin, and there are situations when hindi naman tama to have them go around on motorcycles.

Even if not for personal use, pre owned can be a pain, so I'm looking at options. Given this vehicle's price, it's out. An Alto used to cost less than P400,000 not too long ago.

In any case, I just expressed my opinion that it seems silly for anyone to buy this, when they can get a "real" car (if one gets what I mean) kahit base model na Vios lang, eh halos similar lang din ang features; with the price not really too far off.
    to each his own, po.
    in my opinion, the spresso is a real car.

the base wigo is 578K.
    the vios seems like a good buy.
    all them vios taxis can't be wrong.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 4th, 2023 at 08:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    to each his own, po.

the base wigo is 578K.
    588 for a car is still cheap. Cars not breaching 600k is cheap imho

I know someone who owns a base vios and spresso (2020 model nga lang) He prefers the spresso over the vios dahil sobra tipid daw. He has 6 cars but uses either the vios or spresso as his daily.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    588 for a car is still cheap. Cars not breaching 600k is cheap imho

I know someone who owns a base vios and spresso (2020 model nga lang) He prefers the spresso over the vios dahil sobra tipid daw. He has 6 cars but uses either the vios or spresso as his daily.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    At 500k to 600k, I had to check what are brand new choices on the market this 2023, and it was really slim pickings compared to prepandemic years (using auto deal).

Mostly from China brands like JAC S1, Haima M3, Kaicene Honor S and Foton Gratour have models below 600k.

For Japanese Brands, if they discounted the S-presso, then maybe a Dzire also? And Toyota Wigo.

I don't think there are any other alternative at that price you would be picking over the S-presso then unless you move up 100k more so that even the LiteAce panel van becomes an option?

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    to each his own, po.

the base wigo is 578K.
    some buyers might need a specific type of vehicle, baka hindi kailangan ng sedan, I wouldn't bring the Vios into tight spaces.

i think the real dilemma here is the S-presso (660k) vs Wigo (670k)

You're basically getting more car for the money on a Wigo, but the S-presso is still the smaller car.

It now boils down sa personal preference, arguably one selling point din ng S-presso is its SUV looks.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    Happened to visit a dealer yesterday. All I can say is:

--- > This car is CRAZY EXPENSIVE for what you're buying.

Unit price is P620,000 (M/T)
    Cash discount is P32,000 so price is P588,000.

ARE THEY NUTS!?!?!?
    A base ("taxi unit") Vios is around P680,000...
    Sino kaya bibili niyan???

Balak ko kasi kumuha ng cheap utility/service vehicle for my business sana so I considered this, but the price is just plain dumb.
    I also find the non-AGS version to be too expensive for what you're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    It now boils down sa personal preference, arguably one selling point din ng S-presso is its SUV looks.
    I agree... depends on one's personal preference.

Personally, the S-Presso looked good in photos, then (for me) things turned bad when it was announced locally. Really bad when I started seeing it in local streets. Joined my never buy list when reviews came out

I also feel that the new Celerio is too expensive.

Pero there's always a market for those type of cars.

I heard na Suzuki owners are very loyal to the brand, not sure how true pero I see more current model Suzuki's during my morning commute compared to GACs and Changans

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    most CVTs these days have a torque converter, wala na yung clutched cvt like jazz GD, so uphills even from a standstill shouldn't be a problem coz slushbox can torque multiply and slip to get the engine to the right powerband

but spresso is AGS which literally has an m/t gearbox (but w/ a robot operating the clutch) so to get to over 3000rpm you'll need to burn some clutch and i dunno how well the computer can do this
    Suzuki's AGS was made and designed for the Indian Market... it will be fine here

personally, it does seem to have a higher ground clearance, if that is a must for the buyer.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Okay Jeep styling ng Spresso, tipid sa gas, okay sa lubak at baha, bagay sa masikip na daan at parking. Sakto pang messenger car.

Okay ang base Vios kung kailangan talaga ni messenger ang extra space. Plus din ang saan saan may piyesa sa tabi tabi.

Kung ako si messenger, prefer ko ang Wigo G AT.
    Spresso AGS din sana, kaso may issues daw sa Dzire AGS? Mirage HB CVT din pala *660k+

9. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Okay Jeep styling ng Spresso, tipid sa gas, okay sa lubak at baha, bagay sa masikip na daan at parking. Sakto pang messenger car.

Okay ang base Vios kung kailangan talaga ni messenger ang extra space. Plus din ang saan saan may piyesa sa tabi tabi.

Kung ako si messenger, prefer ko ang Wigo G AT.
    Spresso AGS din sana, kaso may issues daw sa Dzire AGS? Mirage HB CVT din pala *660k+
    Ano po yang issue ng Dzire AGS?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Ano po yang issue ng Dzire AGS?
    from what i understand,
    there's no design flaw or mechanical issue.
    "sanayan lang" daw, ang kailangan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast