New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Just sharing...

years ago, my dad always complained na walang umaasikaso sa amin when we go to a dealership wearing shorts, sando and slippers. He will rant "akala nyo ba titingin lang ako or nagpapalamig lang?"

years later, when I started working and met other people who work for local dealerships. I learned why sales agents tend to favor those "young buyers" na "bihis na bihis"

Young "bihis na bihis" buyers will probably buy the car in installment. As they do not have proper bank records, they will probably choose in-house financing with very low down payment. This arrangement will mean maximum profit for the dealership and sales agent.

Yung "buyer wearing shorts and sando" will probably save enough money to buy the car in cash and will most probably not return the car for service, pati future insurance might be purchased somewhere else later.
    hindi naman ako nag-sando and shorts.
    nice collecione t-shirt + stan smith + my most comfortable pair of pants. medyo dinaanan lang nga ng sastre sa puwitan nang ilang beses.
    "you can wait for the installment buyer who might not come today, or you can wait on me now. i pay cash."
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Just sharing...

years ago, my dad always complained na walang umaasikaso sa amin when we go to a dealership wearing shorts, sando and slippers. He will rant "akala nyo ba titingin lang ako or nagpapalamig lang?"

years later, when I started working and met other people who work for local dealerships. I learned why sales agents tend to favor those "young buyers" na "bihis na bihis"

Young "bihis na bihis" buyers will probably buy the car in installment. As they do not have proper bank records, they will probably choose in-house financing with very low down payment. This arrangement will mean maximum profit for the dealership and sales agent.

Yung "buyer wearing shorts and sando" will probably save enough money to buy the car in cash and will most probably not return the car for service, pati future insurance might be purchased somewhere else later.
    Akala kasi ng mga car buyer, sa car sales may benta. The reality is money is made on installment and service.

Atsaka sobrang fragile ng ego ng mga tao pag hindi sila tinatrato na may pera dahil mukha silang gusgusin, sobrang OA magreact at magflex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Akala kasi ng mga car buyer, sa car sales may benta. The reality is money is made on installment and service.
    agree... kaya lesson learned.

1 - humahanap muna ako ng kakilala sa sales agent ng brand na interested ako. minsan, kilala ng kilala ng kilala. basta may pangalan lang

2- if #1 is not applicable, go to the dealership ng bihis na bihis, then ask for a calculation with low DP. then kapag available na yung unit na gusto mo... biglang bayad in cash (I normally also get the freebies)

fast forward to the present (puti na buhok ko)

buy the car in cash, then all service and insurance sa dealership pa din. nakaka-pagod din maghanap ng cheaper option.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12