New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    That would be nice, 4x2 RWD manual. Tapos 2.4 engine pa at maganda chassis. Sakto!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    whats fc and cost of pms ?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sagingsaba View Post
    whats fc and cost of pms ?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    My GV 2.7 V6 MFI manual transmission all-time 4WD makes around 9.0 km/litre in city-driving (Adelaide, Darwin and Melbourne). Tiyak lalakas consumo nito pag-traffic Metro Manila

In highways or freeways, at 5-gear, speeding to about 70 to 110 kph, plus 11.0 km/litre. Umabot din ako ng almost 13.0 km/litre one-time maintained at 70-80 kph lang sa highway, walang freno-freno....

Mas matipid sigurado ang 2.4-litre VVT engine tapos 4x2 lang, although ewan ko pag auto-transmission ito.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mine's (2.0 liter 4x4 A/T) .... 6 km/liter city driving with light to moderate traffic and 8 km/liter highway driving.

Cost of PMS:
    First 2 years was free for me with every 6 months PMS (yan yung promo ng Suzuki Makati pero as you know, nagsara na ang dealer na yan, Chevy Makati na lang ang ni-retain nila).

After that, sa Suzuki Manila Bay (owned by Wheels) ako nagpa-PMS. My last PMS was around P10,000 yata.
    Last edited by 3ple4; August 15th, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Boss 3ple4,

By the way, going back to your question cum statement bakit hindi Holden o Mazda binili ko sa Australia but instead the Suzuki, I forgot to mention pala sir na the reason why sikat din ang Grand Vitara dito it's because it has been the Australian 4x4 Magazine's best compact SUV in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and Australia's Overland Magazine's best in 2008 and 2009

Gaya nga ng sinabi ko sir, and as observed, simple lang mga Suzuki's, di matakaw sa publicity, pero kumakana when it matters most haha! ....Ganun din sa mga dirtbikes nila, and i should know....

Warm regards.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Some of the many finer points of the Suzuki Grand Vitara, and why i chose to buy it over the Subaru Forester and Toyota Rav 4 that i was also looking into previously.

Just a summary for those who are already in the know and those who are not, regardless whether you're interested to hear it or not hehe (20 photos as graphical presentation to follow all-in-all)

Contemporary yet classic exterior design - a smart-size compact and boxy SUV! It has an authentic look and feel: bold, muscular-stance and outspoken....If this car isn't attractive to you, nothing will! Hehe....

Non-luxury SUV, yet is the most off-road capable compact SUV in its class at any price point. Well name a car at any price that can do what the Grand Vitara does so easily....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    CONTINUATION....

Some of the many finer points of the Suzuki Grand Vitara, and why i chose to buy it over the Subaru Forester and Toyota Rav 4 that i was also looking into previously.

Six airbags come in standard - Dual-stage driver and front passenger front-and-side impact airbags and side curtain airbags for rear passengers.

Since it's not trying to be as curvy and slopey like all the others (ala aerodynamic kuno hehe), when looking outside from the cockpit, it provides a wider and excellent frontal and peripheral visions for the driver and passengers. The side mirrors are big as well, as can be seen in the photo.... Also, the steering wheel features integrated controls at your fingertips.

Roomy and comfortable inside - More rear legroom than the Ford Escape and all of the others its size.

Can store as much as you want (up to a certain point of course hehe) due to its fully-foldable rear seats. It has a taller cargo than the Nissan Pathfinder.

Even in stock-trim, it already has a fairly high approach angle, ramp breakover, and exit or departure gradient

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    CONTINUATION....

4-mode all-time 4WD (4-high as explained).... 35% front, 65% rear traction engagement

4-mode all-time 4WD (4-high Lock as explained).... 50 : 50 front-and-rear traction engagement

4-mode all-time 4WD (4-Low Lock as explained).... Low gear ratio engagement for hardcore technical stuff

4-mode all-time 4WD. At neutral mode, it can be towed without posting any mileage buildup into the odometer.

It comes with a hill-start assist system.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    CONTINUATION....

Fully-independent suspension system - Front-wheel MacPherson struts

Fully-independent suspension system - Independent multi-link rear suspension setup

4-wheel anti-lock braking system with active EBD (electronic brake-force distribution). Front brakes are ventilated discs

Comes standard with a ladder frame chassis integrated into a uni-body (it is not outrigged). This provides lesser weight than an outrigged body attached to a ladder frame, lower centre-of-gravity, better handling by virtue of its lower COG, and at the same time, high torsional rigidity especially in off-road conditions. This feature can normally be found only in luxury midsize to full-size SUVs like the Mercedes Benz GL.

All GVs come with maintenance-free timing chain engines (much like the Isuzu diesels, although Isuzu's are timing gear-and-chain driven), whether it be the inline 4-cylinder 1.9-litre diesel and 2.4-litre gasoline, or the 2.7- and 3.2-litre V6 ones

1.9 DDiS - 129 horsepower, 300 Nm torque
    2.4 VVT - 165 hp, 225 Nm
    2.7 MFI - 185 hp, 250 Nm
    3.2 VVT - 230 hp, 290 Nm

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Mine's (2.0 liter 4x4 A/T) .... 6 km/liter city driving with light to moderate traffic and 8 km/liter highway driving.

Cost of PMS:
    First 2 years was free for me with every 6 months PMS (yan yung promo ng Suzuki Makati pero as you know, nagsara na ang dealer na yan, Chevy Makati na lang ang ni-retain nila).

After that, sa Suzuki Manila Bay (owned by Wheels) ako nagpa-PMS. My last PMS was around P10,000 yata.
    Every year naman sir ang PMS ng Suzuki dito sa Oz, say anything between 10,000-km to 15,000-km interval.

$300 to $350 on the average ang PMS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast