New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Dueler H/T's on the Jimny are wearing out. I'm keeping it stock for now (possibly just adding a coil spacer if I can find one in the right size. About a little less than an inch of lift maybe.

With the stock wheels, what's the biggest tire I can fit. The 215's are ok for me. What brands are available in that stock. I'd prefer something with an all terrain or mud terrain designation. Ideas on prices are welcome also.
    215/75R15 will fit in the stock height, I guess. I'm more inclined with A/T tires rather than M/T because mine's not gonna go off-road often. Besides, A/T tires are lighter as compared to a same sized M/T.

Why don't you consider the Cooper brand, particularly the Discoverer ATR? I have those in my everest and they perform much better than my Bridgestone Dueler A/T. The smallest size is 205/75R15 (3% bigger than stock) and the cost is 3.9k. You can get them at Ryco in Makati. One problem, though, is they don't allow trade-in for your old tires.

Another good brand is Yokohama Geolander A/T-S and they are available in 205/70R15 size (same as stock). Price is 3.2 -3.4k.
    Last edited by Drave; January 25th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
1st Off Road test drive of my Jimny