New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Put adhesive rubber as stopper so the stem doesn't flex at high speeds. Problem solved....

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    So decided to push through with my plan to install an external TPMS with solar charging like the following.

The rear sensor readings are quite accurate. I have the rears inflated to 32psi and sensors read 31~32 psi.
    Problem is with the front sensor readings. I have them at 36psi and both are off by 2~3psi.
    Temperature reading for the LF is also off. All the sensors are reading 24~28° while LF is at 30~33°C.
    I tried swapping sensors at yung rear sensors do read the fronts correctly at 36psi.

I went with the external one mostly due to the convenience, not having considered the safety issues.
    Also, I didn't realize how relatively easy lang din pala ikabit yung internal sensors.
    Of course, you might have to do it via a tire shop to properly fit them, albeit with minimal cost I guess.
    Found one at Lazada na mas mahal lang ng kaunti sa mga external TPMS at Android TV based na siya.

UPDATE: Medyo nag-stabilize na yung mga sensors. Still yung fronts, one is off by 2psi at yung isa ay by 2.5psi naman.
    Yung mga temp readings not sure din kung accurate. Malamig naman kagabi pero parang mataas ang temps indicated.

Iniwan ko sa ibabaw ng dashboard yung base unit kahapon para sana mag-charge via solar.
    Maybe not a good idea. Ang init nung unit which may not bode well for the batteries and the display.
    Di rin naman gaanong nag-charge in that 4 hours or so na exposed directly sa sunlight.
    So sinaksak ko na lang sa charger via micro USB until mag-fully charged.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Put adhesive rubber as stopper so the stem doesn't flex at high speeds. Problem solved....

Meron akong ganyan gagamitin ko nga sana as rubber feet nung base unit.
    Kaso yung adhesive natuyo na yata kaya ayaw na dumikit.
    I was thinking sana of using silicone sealant to build up around the valve stem.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    UPDATE: Medyo nag-stabilize na yung mga sensors. Still yung fronts, one is off by 2psi at yung isa ay by 2.5psi naman.
    Yung mga temp readings not sure din kung accurate. Malamig naman kagabi pero parang mataas ang temps indicated.

.. off by 2... by 2.5...

whenever i have to compare two sets of measurements,
    "so which one is more accurate?"
    there should be a gold standard...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    dr.d... I have a digital tire pressure gauge I have been using for quite a while.

I have compared it with the reading of my digital air pump saka from various air station din ng mga gasolinahan.
    I could say mga nasa +/-0.5 to 1psi lang naman differences nila, so it's good enough, relatively speaking.
    Basta at around 34 psi it gets quite rough riding na so I try to maintain it between 30~33 psi lang.
    Eto lang Falken na nakuha ko sa talagang rough road na nag-manifest yung matagtag so I had it sana at 35psi.
    Right now, I'm observing pa kung pwede na sa all around yung 34psi ko sa fronts. Rears are maintained at 32 psi.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

Sir oj88. Where did you get the adhesive rubber? TIA.

Sent from my RMX3366 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    ^
    Ace Hardware sa mga SM stores would have that. 3M ang brand, may kamahalan lang.
    Mine isn't 3M kaya after a while in storage nawala na efficacy nung adhesive.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^
    Ace Hardware sa mga SM stores would have that. 3M ang brand, may kamahalan lang.
    Mine isn't 3M kaya after a while in storage nawala na efficacy nung adhesive.
    Thanks gearhead000.

Sent from my RMX3366 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    After about 6-8 weeks, the cold tire pressures were down to their minimums.

Aired them up to 35 psi (using Accutire MS-4020 tire gauge) and the TPMS reflected the pressure accurately. Without the decimal figures (which is not necessary anyway), I can only guesstimate that the tire gauge and the TPMS are likely only off by a few tenths of a psi. Not bad.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    How I wish this was brought up a week ago before ako nagpadala sa sales talk ng mga tsikoteers. ;p

Quick solution is to replace your existing rubber valve stems with short metal ones.
    This is one of my other option aside from replacement to a TPMS with internal sensors.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    How about tire valve stem sleeves? Not sure if these'll fit or if, since it's made of plastic, it won't flex.

https://shopee.ph/Stylish-Tire-Stem-...e-ac765f780d78

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Wireless  TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System