New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My OEM fluid shocks is already busted and Im ready to replace it. The drop of my car is perfect and I really like how it looks (front & rear has 1 finger gap from fender). So Im wondering since gas shocks is stiffer, it might make my car higher even a little bit(?) and I dont want that to happen even a millimeter. hehe. So is that possible? Im trying to avoid to get the fluid type as much as possible.

Oh and Im planning to buy the KYB brand.

Thanks tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    My OEM fluid shocks is already busted and Im ready to replace it. The drop of my car is perfect and I really like how it looks (front & rear has 1 finger gap from fender). So Im wondering since gas shocks is stiffer, it might make my car higher even a little bit(?) and I dont want that to happen even a millimeter. hehe. So is that possible? Im trying to avoid to get the fluid type as much as possible.

Oh and Im planning to buy the KYB brand.

Thanks tsikoteers!

what car po sa inyo sir?ang alam ko sa mga car sa ngayun eh gas shocks type na po!di mo po ba na-try?mas mganda ata ride ng gas shocks type lalo na kung naka-lowered ka..at mas matibay pa!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    same lang sir. may resistance lang kasi ang gas type.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nah it won't. Its the springs that give you the ride height.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Nah it won't. Its the springs that give you the ride height.
    +1.

Shocks just make sure your springs don't go poinging more than they should. That's the reason why they're called "dampers"

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if the shock body itself is no longer or shorter than the stock one dapat di magbago yung height.

Will my car get higher when installed with gas shocks? I have lowering springs