New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Guys, just want to ask about the pros & cons of installing a wheel spacers! My father kasi want to install it on his crosswind to make it wider! Whats your advice? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    why? did you but the wrong offset rims? do your rims not fit upgraded brakes?

if the answer to both is no, then do not do it. mas maikli yung kagat ng nuts which is not good and it can also cause more stress on the wheel bearings.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    A more expensive option is to replace the mags with a zero or negative offset rating.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    why? did you but the wrong offset rims? do your rims not fit upgraded brakes?

if the answer to both is no, then do not do it. mas maikli yung kagat ng nuts which is not good and it can also cause more stress on the wheel bearings.
    I agree. My advice: If possible don't do it.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mga sir, thank you for all your replies!
    My fathers main reason why he wants to install a wheel spacer is to widen the stance of his crosswind. Alam nyo naman ang crosswind mataas but narrow. Matagal na akong kinukulit about it pero sabi ko I'll get more information muna about it.
    But since medyo pricey din and it has negative effect, I'll personally discourage him on intalling one! Thanks again guys!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    si papa dapat ang masunod...

his car, his money...

there's a saying " Father knows best"

Wheel Spacer?