New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the surface is already offering sufficient slippage, you can already shift to 4H (or even 4L if you just intend to drive up slowly). The Jimny has the advantage of 4wd, put it to use. Just return to 4x2 mode when driving on high traction surfaces again.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In our office we have the same problem when it's raining. There are some rainy days where only a few cars can make it to the 3rd floor open parking... kulang nalang may cheering squad and prizes for those who actually make it.

If you have 4WD the use 4H. if you're 2WD then you have to gain momentum before climbing the ramp then as you climb and start scrambling for traction you have to ease off and modulate on the accelerator pedal.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    In our office we have the same problem when it's raining. There are some rainy days where only a few cars can make it to the 3rd floor open parking... kulang nalang may cheering squad and prizes for those who actually make it.

If you have 4WD the use 4H. if you're 2WD then you have to gain momentum before climbing the ramp then as you climb and start scrambling for traction you have to ease off and modulate on the accelerator pedal.
    natawa ako dun ah naimagine ko tuloy itsura kung meron ngang cheering squad saka prizes.hahahaha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Salamat sa mga replies niyo Shifting to 4H seems to help, even if the flow of water is a bit strong. I think I'll just change the tires when the time comes hehe. Pero hassle talaga yung parking sa condo namen, most of the runoff goes to our parking level (basement kasi).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    vinj, anong suot ng cheering squad? hehehehe....

mahirap talaga kapag ganyan ang terrain.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HTs... oo inferior tires... aside from slippage....sa pickup ko less than 32K mileage lumabas na mga alambre sa loob...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcastro_ph View Post
    vinj, anong suot ng cheering squad? hehehehe....

mahirap talaga kapag ganyan ang terrain.
    Hehe... maka-propose nga sa HR since ayaw nilang ayusin yung lintek na parking ramp na yun. Kaya pag rainy day inaagahan ko talaga para di pa masyadong basa yung ramp. Yung mahirap pa dun is walang lugar para bumwelo masyado since paliko at the bottom and top of the ramp.

When i switched to Bridgestone A/T on my Frontier before i experienced much lesser slipping.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Dueler H/T 684 was the model on the CRVs before, IIRC. In general, for me, ok naman ang H/T 689, which was on my sis' Grand Vitara. It does give good grip on pavement, without the droning sound of A/T tires. Perhaps, in this case, it's really just a case of a very wet pavement, coupled with the chocolate bar type of flooring, and lack of weight on the tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wheel slip on Bridgestone H/T tires