New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Honda specifies to use only honda ps fluid in their cars. What's really special about their psf? I've heard some say it's just ATF or synthetic ATF.

Has anyone used synthetic ATF in place of honda psf? 8)

Im also a Honda car owner, and well at first akala ko ganun nga, but now I'm using Petron's Power steering fluid, and for the past how many years, ok naman sya. You can use any power steering fluid...i think...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    phillipogi,
    How many liters do you use when you replace the honda's psf with Petron's psf? Have you had any leaks on your honda using petron psf?

i don't know exactly how many liters, pero I'm using it most of the time kasi may leak yung power steering lines ko eh, so mabilis mabawasan kaya lagay ng lagay every week.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I bought honda psf at P283/L from a honda dealer and replaced my psf system. It looks thicker than ATF or standard psf but thinner than engine oil but with the color of usual oil.
    It's possible that your leak was caused by the petron psf. You'll only need 0.75L to fully replace the honda's psf.:wink:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Always keep the steering system filled to the specified level. Use of
    unapproved fluids, or any mixure of fluids (approved or unapproved)
    may lead to seal deterioration, system leakage, and damage to the gear
    and / or pump.

RIDE ON...8)

suggestion ko (IMHO)to stick with the honda ps fluid. sa factory manual they have replacement fluids for all the other lubricants except for the ps fluid na talagang they suggest to use the orig fluid.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako naman i had to change a hose in my ps system. what happened was after bleeding the entire system they put in non honda ps fluid. ok naman performance, no difference actually. its been mga 5 months na

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mabibili ba yan sa labas?
    mitsu kasi may mga el dorado who sells genuine mitsu parts and stuff. sa honda din ba meron?

What's Honda power steering fluid?