New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ah ok ayos na rin pala kahit nakaalign sa pula.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    additional information i learned today. Knowledge power, iba talaga ang tsikot.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    bakit yung isang gulong ng pikup ko dalawa red dot? :question:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 109 View Post
    bakit yung isang gulong ng pikup ko dalawa red dot? :question:
    Normally, there's only one yellow dot and one red dot. Now, if you see two red dots, it used to mean that one of the red dot is the tyre's....maxium point of imbalance while the other dot is the tyre's maximum force variation.

How does this affect mounting? Simple. The maximum point of imbalance of the tyre should be aligned with the minimum point of imbalance of the wheel/rim. The red dot that marks the tyre's maximum force variation is usually aligned with the lowest point of the wheel/rim.

I said "used to mean" because I dunno if this rule still applies or is still in practice.

What I commonly see now is one red dot and one yellow dot.

You can try to visit your tyre manufactuer's web page. Most of the time, the system they use for "dot notation" is posted there. You'd be surprised that tyre manufactuers don't exactly follow the same system.

ADD:

If I am not mistaken, either Australia or New Zealand is the country that uses the two red dot system (if you can call it a system) with tyres. But then again, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; October 4th, 2006 at 05:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    found this in another forum. for all (or most) of your tire and wheel questions you can go to: http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html.
    I dunno kung napost na dito yan dati. Hope this helps

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick View Post
    new tires are balanced when they are installed. weights are added where needed.. so whats the point of the dots?
    the point really is to use the minimum number of weights when balancing.

ang medyo nalilito lang ako eh conflicting minsan ang instructions. mine are yoko a.drives with red and yellow markings. since wala naman indication sa wheel of its low point, sa valve stem na lang in-align ang red dot. tama ito sang-ayon sa bridgestone instructions:

Can we review which dot goes where?
    First, if the tire has a red dot, ignore the yellow dot. Then, if you have a steel wheel, look for the low point dimple on the wheel, and mount the tire with the red dot next to the low point dimple. If the wheel is aluminum, or if it’s steel, but has no low point dimple, mount the tire with the red dot next to the valve stem.
    pero medyo iba naman sa yokohama's:

Uniformity Method

When performing uniformity match-mounting, the red mark on the tire, indicating the point of maximum radial force variation, should be aligned with the wheel assembly's point of minimum radial run-out, which is generally indicated by a colored dot or a notch somewhere on the wheel assembly (consult manufacturer for details). Radial force variation is the fluctuation in the force that appears in the rotating axis of a tire when a specific load is applied and the tire rotated at a specific speed. It is necessary to minimize radial force variation to ensure trouble-free installation and operation. Not all wheel assemblies indicate the point of minimum radial run-out, rendering uniformity match-mounting sometimes impossible. If the point of minimum radial run-out is not indicated on a wheel assembly, the weight method of match-mounting should be used instead.

Weight Method

When performing weight match-mounting, the yellow mark on the tire, indicating the point of lightest weight, should be aligned with the valve stem on the wheel assembly, which represents the heaviest weight point of the wheel assembly. After match-mounting by either of the above methods, the tire/wheel assembly can be balanced.
    since yokohama nga tires ko, so i guess mas tama dapat na yellow sa valve stem. as it is kasi, when running at 100kph, me vibrations sa kotse ko. so i am really not sure if this is the one causing the problem. i will try to have the wheel re-balanced, i am just not sure if madali ba tanggalin yung mga lead weights na nakakabit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
What is the purpose of Red and Yellow dots in a brand new tires?