New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hello gurus,
    Car is Toyota Revo. Been losing brake fluid and had the underside washed so as to trace the source. What I've noticed is this bulging rubber part located near the rear left wheel. It is connected with the brake lines. Ano po ang part na to at pwede ba ito mapagawa or kailangan bang palitan?

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/t...DSC08142-1.jpg
    Thanks for the help/

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by evag View Post
    Hello gurus,
    Car is Toyota Revo. Been losing brake fluid and had the underside washed so as to trace the source. What I've noticed is this bulging rubber part located near the rear left wheel. It is connected with the brake lines. Ano po ang part na to at pwede ba ito mapagawa or kailangan bang palitan?

Thanks for the help/
    for long term benefits buy a new one na din kung dito nanggagaling ang leaks.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hello gurus,

Thanks for the help/

evag,
    toyota worldwide calls that component load sensing and proportioning valve (LSPV). this part is responsible for applying just the right amount of braking force to the rear brakes as not to underapply nor lock the brakes to the rear. this component is only used in non-ABS (antilock brake systems). this valve adjusts the braking force by reducing the stopping force to the rear when the load is light and applying as much as 30 % of the total braking force of the vehicle. the other 70 % or higher stopping power is provided for by the front brakes. this follows the law of momentum where the weight of the vehicle is shifted to the front. if the braking force to the rear as in cars(light weight at the rear) were the same as the front, this results in brakes lock up and lose directional control and stopping power. this part is supposed to last the life of the vehicle for up to 15 years under normal usage. if you were to replace this component, ensure you empty out the whole brake system of contaminated DOT 3 brake fluid as the problem recurs. also use brake fluid from an air tight sealed container. DOT 3 and DOT 4 brake fluids easily absorb moisture lowering the boling point less than 254 degrees fahrenheit and corrodes sensitive components as this one. remember, the power to stop must be greater than the power to move in land transportation.
    jick

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hello Jick,
    Thank you for sharing the info. Never thought that this small kind of thing
    plays an important role in the car's braking system. Anyway, had this checked with a local mechanic here and he'll attend to it by next week. Your
    info also matches to his explanation on this part though he call it as "check valve". Anyway, thank's very much.

To Esnie:
    Thanks for the idea. With Jick's info, I think it's vital but the mechanic told me that he has to inspect/check the part first as this part is hard to come by. Thanks again. //evag

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Aside from the earlier recommendations.
    I would suggest you check the fittings inside the rubber.
    See if its dislodge, untighten, broken, loose thread, tube broken or corroded.
    I think the rubber is just a covering on whatever is inside.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Aside from the earlier recommendations.
    I would suggest you check the fittings inside the rubber.
    See if its dislodge, untighten, broken, loose thread, tube broken or corroded.
    I think the rubber is just a covering on whatever is inside.
    Hi,
    Advice well noted sir, thank you very much. I'll inform the mechanic on your suggestion. This forum comes very handy to a newbie like me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi,
    Advice well noted sir, thank you very much. I'll inform the mechanic on your suggestion. This forum comes very handy to a newbie like me.

evag,
    unfortunately, this part is a very slow moving inventory at the parts department, the reason why it is seldom sold. however, the neoprene cups and seals inside this LSPV does not readily wear out as this component's spool valve plunger rarely slides in and out. i have encountered this symptom before with toyota hilux truck and i just carefully disassembled the valve and cleaned it with dishwashing soap and water. dried it up and relubricate with DOT 3 brake fluid before reasembly. what happens here is that the stale fluid contaminated with moisture corrodes the valve body of cast iron and sticks to the aluminum valve spool. two dissimilar metals with the contaminated brake fluid serving as a corrosive electrolyte. this is simply electrolysis that happens similar to the battery's lead peroxide and lead sulfate plates with sulfuric acid electrolyte.
    jick

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Hello gurus,

Thanks for the help/
    same problem here.thanks for the info.

What do you call this part?