New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi guys,

I'm suspecting that I got some broken wheel bearings in my Vitara model 94.
    Just wanted to ask if this can easily be repaired/replaced in most shops or is it something that I would need to order the parts for, just like most Vitara spare parts.

TIA.

/Kenn

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Inspect bearings now. Worst case scenario is a broken spindle. wheel bearings are common in auto supplies. just note the number &letters on the bearings. Inspect both sides.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Inspect bearings now. Worst case scenario is a broken spindle. wheel bearings are common in auto supplies. just note the number &letters on the bearings. Inspect both sides.
    sir, would you know if availability of said bearings are common even for Vitara's? I have this notion that Vitara parts are not so easy to find.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn.garcia View Post
    sir, would you know if availability of said bearings are common even for Vitara's? I have this notion that Vitara parts are not so easy to find.

your bearings are sold with installed hub as a set. it is quite pricey. make sure it is the bearings or the hub that is bad before purchasing replacements. check the tires and the torque of the lugnuts first.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sir when you say pricey, what price range are we talking about? I also bought a new set of stud bolts since they're pretty worn out already. BTW, does anyone know a good place down south (Las Pinas, Paranaque) who can fix this?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn.garcia View Post
    sir when you say pricey, what price range are we talking about? I also bought a new set of stud bolts since they're pretty worn out already. BTW, does anyone know a good place down south (Las Pinas, Paranaque) who can fix this?

from where i am closest to, they are $107.09 (USD) each for aftermarket parts

is this really a 1994 grand vitara? the first time vitaras came to market was in 1999

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the info sir. It's not a GV. It's a Vitara JLX. And yes. '94.

Vitara '94 Wheel Bearing problem