New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My GoodYear tire is only halfway worn on the treads, but it loses air (1 psi a day) through the rubber tread area) and is slightly out of round. There is no steering wheel vibration but I hear a woh-woh-woh sound from this tire at speeds higher than 30 kph. I hate waste and was wondering how practical it would be to put in an inner tube to cure these problems. I plan to coat the outside of the inner tube with baby powder to lubricate it and minimize rubbing friction with the tire inner walls. When this tire is finally bald, I can reuse this inner tube if another tire goes the same route. Any comments?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Generally, it's not a good idea to put a tube in a tubeless tire... that powder you put on the tube will eventually rub away (after just a few dozen kilometers) and you'll be left with a tube rubbing against the inside of your tire, generating heat and friction... neither of which is good for either the tube or the tire.

Just replace the thing. If you feel bad about waste, just use it as a spare, or even a tree planter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Doing an informal research on it seems to suggest that it's a bad idea. http://autopedia.com/APBB/Forum1/HTML/001069.html

How old is the tire?

Use inner tube in my tubeless tire?