New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir kahit po nasa trucks ako, meron pong EG hatch si misis, ok po ang SiR mags sa ESI, i saw one dito, ganda linis, close to stock, sana ganyan mags ng hatch ni misis kaso wala pang SiR nun,

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Supierreman,

Magkano naman yung Rota Mags?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tridagger,
    If your looking for an improvement in handling... I suggest you get lightweight larger rims in 16 or 17 with low profile tires. lower profile tires ..lesser stress on the sidewall during cornering.

Also go for a suspension set up: lowering springs... sway bars... etc.

The 15" RnR copies I mentioned are excellent for acceleration since they're lightweight (trust me on this... kahit fake RnR sya magaan yung gawa ng Rota! :shock: ) Ganda ng takbo ng oto with light rims... very responsive sa acceleration! :D

If you want to improve the handling while using 15" rims with 195/55-15 tires... lower your car's center of gravity via the suspension mods I mentioned.

And
    FrankDrebin,
    Usually sa mga wheel shops around 11t-14t yung wheels. Ako I got mine for 14.5t with FM901 tires... net na yun when I traded my 16" momo arrow with tires.

More Pics:

Orig Mugen RnR on a Mugenized EK (black with Red Lip)

Rota RnR copy aka Rota "Group N"

...Also check out the pics of my car with them RnR copies in this thread:
    http://www.pinoyforums.com/org/tsikot/viewtopic.php?t=384&start=45

These Rota copies are selling like hotcakes! ...too bad baka matulad ito dun sa Spoon SW388 Copies na halos lahat ng oto meron. :oops:

Pero as of now ok sya eh... looks good and lightweight too!

Just an added info: Since these are Mugen Copies... IMHO they are Honda Exclusive. Meron kase this Familia 323 I saw once... he got thm for his ride... ok tignan pero medyo sablay since Mugen are for Hondas. :roll:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...Also The Rota RnR copies are available in the following colors:
    1. Black
    2. Black with red lip
    3. Silver
    4. Hyper Silver (parang gunmetal na chrome)
    5. White
    6. Bronze

Pili na! ...he he he... sa HCP meron nga kami tawag dun na RnR boiz he he :mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Supierreman

If your looking for an improvement in handling... I suggest you get lightweight larger rims in 16 or 17 with low profile tires. lower profile tires ..lesser stress on the sidewall during cornering.

Very true. Handling will get a little bit better if you get bigger wheels. Steering becomes more responsive due to the shorter tire sidewalls (meaning less sidewall flex!). Also, getting bigger wheels means getting wider tires. Wider tires means more rubber on the road.

The 15" RnR copies I mentioned are excellent for acceleration since they're lightweight (trust me on this... kahit fake RnR sya magaan yung gawa ng Rota! ) Ganda ng takbo ng oto with light rims... very responsive sa acceleration!
    That's cause you have less unsprung weight. Another benefit of going with lightweight aftermarket wheels.

I say go with aftermarket wheels (just like what DSM619 had said). You're going to change 'em anyway, might as well go for something that makes much more of an impact!

Supierreman,

Those Rota's are hot! Who cares if their copies? If they're lighter and cheaper than the originals, I'd take 'em! :D

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Ganda pre!

Any Recommended Shop?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e46boi,

yep! lightweight rims are A-OK! Proudly Philippine made pa! :D

Although not as light as the originals... heavier by 2-3 lbs only ...yet lighter than other wheels out there!

In the US the rotas became very popular for their light weight spoon sw388 copies called the rota slipstreams. Almost as light as the orip plus its durable than the orig! Yung orig daw kase medyo soft yung alloy.

After the success of the slipstreams I bet the new RnR copies are the next hot aftermarket wheels.

THere's another model... the Rays gramlight copies.. also made by rota :D

FrankDrebin,

wassup detective! hehe...

Sa P. Tuazon Cubao look for DKC tires. I got mine there and they gave me a good deal when I traded in my 16" rims and tires. (may benkong pa isa hehe).

Dalawa branch nito. One is at the corner of 18th ave and P Tuazon. Yung isa naman corner 12th ave P tuazon ata.

Hanap ka pa shops na baka mas mura pa abutin 11thou. I think Freddies in Evangelista can give you a good price. As for the address of this shop I think meron ito dun sa tsikot directory natin :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freddie's Evangelista - 750-4601. Ask Jerry for directions na lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    question!!!

would there be any Rota mags that would fit my liteace van? I want to use a 13" mags, have a 195/55/r13 or 205/55/r13 tires.......I'm currently using OEM mags but am using Bridgestone Bison tires.....light truck, 8 ply rating, 185/55/r13......i still want to use my tires coz its very durable.....2 years ko nang ginagamit and still the thread is 90 to 95 percent pa.......what rims would you guys suggest? thanx in advance.....:D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neilsen,
    better pay Freddie's a visit as well so you can choose from their 13" designs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Upgrade ng Wheels