New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I was wondering if my front left shock absorber is the culprit. I was driving along our village, windows open with my stereo turned off. I happen to come across a steep hump when I heard this noticeable "singaw" sound on my front side at the moment I passed through it. I mean I was sure that was not normal. And btw, even when my windows are closed, a weird sound can also be heard inside the car although it does not sound as singaw ng hangin. But I believe it also the same sound I'm hearing from the outside when my windows are open. Can someone help me out?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I was wondering if my front left shock absorber is the culprit. I was driving along our village, windows open with my stereo turned off. I happen to come across a steep hump when I heard this noticeable "singaw" sound on my front side at the moment I passed through it. I mean I was sure that was not normal. And btw, even when my windows are closed, a weird sound can also be heard inside the car although it does not sound as singaw ng hangin. But I believe it also the same sound I'm hearing from the outside when my windows are open. Can someone help me out?

it could be your strut boot venting air if it was closed at both ends. if this only happened one time, it might have been your nitro charged strut losing its gas

Tunog singaw ng hangin kapag nadaan sa humps