New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sticking brakes comes to mind.. check if your brake shoes/pads are contaminated with sticky material.. it should be easy to clean, using the right solvent.. or, you can replace them..
    another possibility is, you have air in your brake lines..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sticking brakes comes to mind.. check if your brake shoes/pads are contaminated with sticky material.. it should be easy to clean, using the right solvent.. or, you can replace them..
    another possibility is, you have air in your brake lines..
    If ever there's air in brake lines how do your "burp" it out? Is it easy to do? DIY perhaps?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by X-isle View Post
    If ever there's air in brake lines how do your "burp" it out? Is it easy to do? DIY perhaps?
    it's a two-man job, de-airing the brake lines ("bleeding" is the mechanic's term).
    yes, it's easy to do if you're the one in the driver's seat. no, it's not really easy to do, if you're the one beside the air bleed screw (x4) between the tire and the chassis/body.
    my brother and i used to do it ourselves, when i could still bend. now, i bring it to the tambay mekanikos beside the auto supply store. they do it a lot faster than i ever could.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 25th, 2013 at 01:08 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by X-isle View Post
    Bomba lang yan sir. Pump lang ung brake while bleeding. Usually nasa 1.5 liter ang ma consume sa pag bleed and refill na. Any discoloration sa brake fluid mo sir?

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Bomba lang yan sir. Pump lang ung brake while bleeding. Usually nasa 1.5 liter ang ma consume sa pag bleed and refill na. Any discoloration sa brake fluid mo sir?

I see, discoloration? Hmm I just topped up the brake fluid reservoir yesterday and the fluid seems a bit darker than usual although not really super dark. Although the difference between the one coming from the bottle being topped up is clearer than the one on the reservoir.

Does that pose any problems at all?

And another thing, does any brand of brake fluid which meets the specification written on the cover of the brake fluid reservoir alright?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Walang problema sir kung a bit darker ung existing. Kung dot 3 ang recommended yan lang gamitin mo na specs wag kang gagamit ng dot 4 sa dot 3. Kung hindi ka maselan sa brand any brand will do.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    ako kapapalit ko lang ng master cylinder. so far hindi naman nagstick ang front or rear brakes after 10 hrs (about 300+ kms) straight run. walang patayan ng makina.

sinunod ko lang yung specs with regards to brake pedal free play at yung clearance between pushrod and primary piston. i suspect nagkakaroon ng interference due to parts getting hot (expanding parts or brake fluid) between the pushrod and primary piston...ideally zero ang clearance. kung may interference, dragging brakes dahil covered na yung compensating port ng master cylinder. i dont see that the repair kits can affect the clearance. yung pushrod adjustment at pedal freeplay ang magaaffect neto.

with regards to front disc, maari din na nawala na yung elasticity ng rubber seals ng caliper preventing the piston to retract thus dragging the pads on the discs. in turn, pinapaiinit din nya yung brake fluid up to the master cylinder. possibly expanding the primary piston (or reducing the cavity on the primary piston where the pushrod resides) making the two contact each other (pushrod pushing primary piston without any pedal application).

hth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123