New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    A related question...

My rear tires would wear faster on the inside since the Rav4's rear has a negative camber setting. The wear on the rear tires is quite noticeable if you forgot to rotate your tires (guilty!) every now and then.

To salvage the tires, what I did is to have them unmounted, flipped them (so that the outside is now in the inner side) and then mounted them again to the wheels.

Is that ok?

P.S.

My better tires (almost brand new) are in front and I am hesitant to move them back because of this.
    ganyan din yung sakin. Na notice ko naman sa front, pero both tires naman and same ang pattern. kaya oks lang din saken. Baka ikot ko na lang din siguro.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by graceland View Post
    magkano po ba magagastos sa wheel alignment?
    eh kung kasama po camber alignment?
    need po ba talaga na kapag nagpa-wheel alignment sabay ng camber alignment na rin?
    at what instance do i need wheel alignment? camber alignment?
    thanks.
    my idea is 250 bucks for alignment, camber di ko matandaan. check mo pa rin para sure.

afaik, camber is for the posture of the tire, para pantay ang pudpod. alignment para walang kabig kahit bitawan ang manibela while running as well as wiggle correction. normally pag nagpacamber kasama narin wheel alignment.

hope this helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tire Wear