New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Does the front & rear tires on your car the same? (brand/model/size)

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 70.83%
  • No

12 25.00%
  • I have a different brand/type/size tire on each corner of my car!

2 4.17%
  • No idea what tires I have.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I have all 4 the same; Dunlop Sports Maxx 215X45X17

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    6: same Potenza re050s 215/45/17
    ex: nct3 sa likod, dunlop sa harap
    lc: yokohama HT-S sa harap , grandtrek at2 sa likod.
    Last edited by kyle618; October 17th, 2007 at 08:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i have all the same 4,dunlop liman..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have 3 goodyear GT and 1 goodyear Invicta,
    they have same specs but diff. lang yung thread ng invicta.

phased-out na yung invicta and that was my former spare tire.
    i placed it on the rear side and ayos naman, gumugulong pa rin. hehehe...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    BF Goodrich on both my vehicles and they were replaced as a set of 4 for the car and 5 for the truck including the spare.

Lancer/Mirage=205/45/ZR17 BF Goodrich g-Force Sport
    Xterra=265/70/R17 BF Goodrich A/T KO

The tires are rotated every other oil change to get the most life out of the tires.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Question lang po mga Tsikoteers regarding tires.

Kapag napudpod na yung front or rear tires, mas maganda bang palitan na lahat or yung napudpod lang? Yung iba kase ang ginagawa dalawa ng dalawa lang ang bili tapos yung bagong tires nilalagay sa harap tapos yung luma sa likod. Advisable ba yun? Thanks po for your help.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Question lang po mga Tsikoteers regarding tires.

Kapag napudpod na yung front or rear tires, mas maganda bang palitan na lahat or yung napudpod lang? Yung iba kase ang ginagawa dalawa ng dalawa lang ang bili tapos yung bagong tires nilalagay sa harap tapos yung luma sa likod. Advisable ba yun? Thanks po for your help.
    If you rotate your tires they should wear at the same rate. But for your case I usually put the old one on the drive whees as long as it still had good thread depth.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Question lang po mga Tsikoteers regarding tires. Kapag napudpod na yung front or rear tires, mas maganda bang palitan na lahat or yung napudpod lang? Yung iba kase ang ginagawa dalawa ng dalawa lang ang bili tapos yung bagong tires nilalagay sa harap tapos yung luma sa likod. Advisable ba yun? Thanks po for your help.
    I am one of those who do this. Because I would like to think that cars, unlike humans, do not recognize what brand of "shoes they are wearing on their foot". Whether it has Addidas on one and Nike on the other, it doesnt matter to a car since car manufacturers have designed them to have balance with specific size of tires (width, circumference, diameter, tubeless, etc.) when it rolled out its plant. It is important to have similar types on all fours, so that balance is attained on all fours.

However, the balance may only be attainable when it is new, because eventually wear and tear comes into the picture since the car's weight puts stress more on front tires than at the back, as it is heavier at the front, for front wheel drive cars, and lighter, or easier for the tires, at the back. So, I can have the newer tires in front, and the ones previously in front is placed at the back to be used for the rest of their useful life.

In my experience, there is really no need for me to rotate the tires, since I regularly bring my car for alignment often, or at least twice a year, or as often as necessary when the car runs through more potholes on the road. I usually buys two, and use the newer front tires at the back, if the older rear tires becomes worn out, or when necessary. This I do, because I seldom have company who ride at the back. If ever, I prefer to have one beside me!
    Last edited by GaLynxmo; October 24th, 2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: grammar

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i bought 4 new tires last November. when is the best time to rotate them? i use the car only on weekends. thanks

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    exactly the same dunlop lemans 195/50R15

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Tire question: does your front match the rear ?