New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what happens if you inflate your tire to the recommended tire pressure (when with cargo) and then use your vehicle with no cargo?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    in my experience matalbog ang ride

imagine just coming out of the edsa crossing underpass then you hit the patches of asphalted section of edsa before coming to pioneer-boni

every screw/joint/section of car all of a sudden had a life of its own

pero sa skyway/NLE feels ok

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi Guys

Please advice what is the original tire size of the swb Pajero, and what is the tire pressure in the front and back, Now my tire size is 265 70r 15 is it the original size? and the tire pressure is 35psi all around is it ok? or Im over inflated my tire Kindly advice me, thank you so much for all your info my best regards to all tsikoters

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Hi Guys

Please advice what is the original tire size of the swb Pajero, and what is the tire pressure in the front and back, Now my tire size is 265 70r 15 is it the original size? and the tire pressure is 35psi all around is it ok? or Im over inflated my tire Kindly advice me, thank you so much for all your info my best regards to all tsikoters
    If you dont have the original owner's manual, you might try checking near the inside portion of the vehicle's body by the driver's door. There should be a sticker that indicates the original size of tire of the vehicle as well as the recommended air pressure as specified by the manufacturer. Btw, if your vehicle is from Subic or not locally marketed/manufactured, check the right side of the vehicle instead because. that is the original driver's side in Japan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I just do the chalk test. I cover a portion of my tire threads in white chalk and then drive it over a flat surface. If it leaves a nice even mark then it's inflated properly, if the outside threads show but the middle are lighter or don't appear then it's underinflated, if the middle shows but the edges do not then it's overinflated. I then check the psi on all 4 tires and all 4 are usually in close range.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys, try this site. It will help a lot...

http://www.motioncars.com/features/1..._01/index.html

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sorry i dont have the owner's manual and my ride is just from subic and no stikers in the doors (1993 swb 3 doors pajero )if any body who's ride similar to mine and can input me some info re this matter will be much help,guys iam planning to buy a new tire by next week any information or inputs can be a great help as of now my tire is 265 70r 15 ( can i replace it to 275 70r 15 ) and my tire pressure is 35psi all around anybody can give me some sugs, ( please let me have some sugs. on what brand and tire name can be the most fitted to my ride ) thank you all for your time and the attention on this matter and my best regards to all tsikoters.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    is it better to run underinflated than inflating just right?

eg... 30psi compared to 34psi.... for AUV....

may naka pag sabi sa akin... mas hindi daw pressured ang gulong.... is this true?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk347 View Post
    is it better to run underinflated than inflating just right?

eg... 30psi compared to 34psi.... for AUV....

may naka pag sabi sa akin... mas hindi daw pressured ang gulong.... is this true?
    In most cases, it's not good to run with under-inflated tires. Tires are designed to withstand pressure that are higher than the stated inflation specs so if you run the proper tire pressure then it should be fine.

Under-inflated tires also cause:
    - poor steering response, handling, and braking performance
    - shorter tire thread life
    - possible damage (i.e. bukol) when you hit a bad pothole or road debris due to more flexing on the sidewall which may cause the steel ply to break
    - possible lower fuel economy
    - Tires can heat up faster during extended runs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    either over or under inflation of tires will definitely make your tires wear faster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tire pressure and maintenance