New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    previous tire is 185 60 R14 (falken)... manual recommended tire pressure is 30 psi

changed mags and tires to 195 55 r15 (yoko S306)... current tire pressure is 29 psi. what is the ideal tire pressure para may "play"? pwede ba hanggang 25 psi? hindi ba masira ang tire wall kaagad? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    keep it at 30 psi...

if you have low tire pressure, the following will happen:
    -increased gas consumption
    -increased tire wear
    -increased tire temperature (due to flex/unflex cycling)
    -probable premature tire damage
    -increased chance of pinch-flats and rim damage
    -decreased control in turns (due to soft tire walls)
    -increased effort in turning the steering wheel

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo
    previous tire is 185 60 R14 (falken)... manual recommended tire pressure is 30 psi

changed mags and tires to 195 55 r15 (yoko S306)... current tire pressure is 29 psi. what is the ideal tire pressure para may "play"? pwede ba hanggang 25 psi? hindi ba masira ang tire wall kaagad? thanks
    I'm currently using 195/55/15 Dunlop 702 and pressure at 30 psi. On long trips I tend to increase tire pressure to 35psi in improve fuel consumption but I would check the pressure again after the first 30 to 45 minutes because of the increase in tire temperature.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    add 4 tp 6 psi to the new tires.

that's the rule accdg dun sa nabasa ko..

for every plus 1 to the wheel size add 4-6 psi to the tires..

hopw this helps.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmnnn... in short... i really need to sacrifice my riding comfort when i changed to 15. matagtag lang naman kapag cement road pero kapag asphalt road like coastal and macapagal ok na ok naman. upgrade/change ko sana gas shock ko but can't find after market shock para sa esteem.... saan nga ba meron? thanks

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    kiper, ganun pala ang sinusunod pag dating sa tires as u increase size?
    yung gulong ng blister paj namin na stock 16s, tire pressure is below 30 psi nga e.both d sticker on d driver's door n d manual both indicate na 4 d front tires, 26 psi lang.tpos for d rear, 29psi lang. i tried putting 30 psi on all fours pero grabe yung nvh tlga khit nasa soft yung suspension setting so i jst switched bac to d pressure indicated by d manual

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and don't forget, the recommended tire pressures printed in the manual and on the driver's door jamb sticker are for when the tires are cold.

since higher temperatures produce higher tire pressures, add about 4 to 6 psi to that when the tires are hot... so if your manual recommends 30 psi, you should fill it up to about 35 psi if the tires are hot (you've used the car).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung gulong ng blister paj namin na stock 16s, tire pressure is below 30 psi nga e.both d sticker on d driver's door n d manual both indicate na 4 d front tires, 26 psi lang.tpos for d rear, 29psi lang. i tried putting 30 psi on all fours pero grabe yung nvh tlga khit nasa soft yung suspension setting so i jst switched bac to d pressure indicated by d manual
    Ung Blister paj ko sinusunod ko rin ung nasa manual na 26/F 29/R pero after mga one hour of travel mga plus 2 psi na madagdag. You have to sacrifice riding comfort pag more than 30 psi na tumatalbog pa nga sa EDSA kaya stick to the indicated pressure (cold tire pressure yan)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Always check and fill up tire psi when cold. Hindi pare-pareho tire temp and hence tire psi once moving ka na. Unless you have an infrared pyrometer / temperature gun to check individual tire temp.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah, check Tire pressure early in the morning before driving.

recommended sa may door jamb ko is 33psi front and 32psi rear

Yokohama AVS ES100
    215/45/17

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tire Pressure