New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward
    Most of us may not be aware but one of the most important part of our ride needs a second look. Check this out.
    Vehicle tires have a 4-year validity period from their Date of Manufacture (DOM). Thereafter, the tire expires and may burst whilst in use. How to find out whether your tire has expired? Check for a stamp like this: (*2603*) There is an asterisk at the beginning and at the end of this serial number. The first two numbers 2 6 will tell which week of the year has it been manufactured.
    NB: One year has 52 weeks. The last two numbers represent the year of make. Therefore, *2603* shows that the said tire is manufactured in the 26th week of the year 2003. *2699* this shows that the tire is made in the 26th week of 1999.
    Check all your tires for safety purposes. Do not use expired tires. They are likely to burst (especially when running in hot weather) because the rubber component may have hardened and cracked
    nice and thanks hayward for this

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    No problem xto. Ganyan naman tayo dito sa tsikot. Sharing valuable info is a way of life. Of course thanks also to sir theveed who also had a lot of inputs. Cheers!!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke

Michelin Vivacy

How come only 1 tire has this marking? The other 3 tires have just blanks on those spaces.
    I think the other marking could be found in the other side of the tire wall facing your vehicle. Kasi hindi lahat na nakasulat sa isang side pareho sa kabilang side. Only significant specs are present at both sides. You may confirm this from your spare tire if they are of the same type & make.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ Good point.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward
    Vehicle tires have a 4-year validity period from their Date of Manufacture (DOM). Thereafter, the tire expires and may burst whilst in use. How to find out whether your tire has expired? Check for a stamp like this: (*2603*) There is an asterisk at the beginning and at the end of this serial number. The first two numbers 2 6 will tell which week of the year has it been manufactured.
    NB: One year has 52 weeks. The last two numbers represent the year of make. Therefore, *2603* shows that the said tire is manufactured in the 26th week of the year 2003.
    IMO:I doubt if this print on the tire sidewall is really the date of manufacture of the tire. Since my car was purchased in 2003, and the markings on the tire side wall is "1505"... all four tires. Its not possible that the tire was manufactured only in 2005 (mas lalo na hindi 1905) when I'm already driving the car since July 2003 pa. Probably its the manufacturing batch or whatever and not the date it was manufactured. Kase..the facts are inconsistent with the real time. Opinion lang po.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    very nice info..... may natutunan na naman ako sa tsikot .com....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tsikot 101.... thanks guys..... for this new info...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks sa info. Very informative.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    great info, thanks!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer
    I think the other marking could be found in the other side of the tire wall facing your vehicle. Kasi hindi lahat na nakasulat sa isang side pareho sa kabilang side. Only significant specs are present at both sides. You may confirm this from your spare tire if they are of the same type & make.

Yeah I figured that out yesterday when I checked my spare. Its date marking was on the inside

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Tire Expiry