New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Good day! Mga sir, may be somebody can give me idea below.

i hear "TIK" sound when i pressed the break pedal and It seems the sound comes in the shift knob location . car is HONDA A/T VTI? pag off ang engine.

Similar sound to relay... Please help me give idea... is there a connection with electrical or in tranny? I m just worried.

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_0197 View Post
    Good day! Mga sir, may be somebody can give me idea below.

i hear "TIK" sound when i pressed the break pedal and It seems the sound comes in the shift knob location . car is HONDA A/T VTI? pag off ang engine.

Similar sound to relay... Please help me give idea... is there a connection with electrical or in tranny? I m just worried.

thanks in advance.

I am guessing you have an automatic. With the ignition off hit the brake and take the gear selector out of park, it won't work. Turn the ignition on, do the same thing, it comes out of park. That click (or "TIK") is the mechanism in the shifter that hold the selector in park. Not a problem, but in some cars it tends to get a little louder as the car gets older, it can get a little annoying but nothing is wrong.

Hopefully this will give you a peace of mind.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    I am guessing you have an automatic. With the ignition off hit the brake and take the gear selector out of park, it won't work. Turn the ignition on, do the same thing, it comes out of park. That click (or "TIK") is the mechanism in the shifter that hold the selector in park. Not a problem, but in some cars it tends to get a little louder as the car gets older, it can get a little annoying but nothing is wrong.

Hopefully this will give you a peace of mind.
    exactly.

it is a safety feature on an AT transmission.

nothing to worry about

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mine doesn't have that, I just shift out of park and go (old MB) gotta love that feature!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah normal lang yan...

on mb's naman it's a gated patern kaya kung mapasok mo kasalanan mo na yun. hehe!

Tik Sound when pressing break pedal