New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ummm that is what you get for lowering your rides

kalampag means that there is something wrong on your suspension.....maybe shocks or bushings

As for a matagtag ride....that is normal......the proper term would be Firm ride...the reason why cars are lowered is for low center of gravity and to STIFFEN the suspension to counter body roll.

So if you cannot handle the rough ride just return to stock springs......Always remember that if you opt for performance you have to sacrifice something.

You cannot always have the best of both worlds.

My car is lowered two fingers front 4 at rear.....hardly any lowering on that specs but the ride is stiffer than your ordinary lowering spring shock combo.....

To term your ride as matagtag is highly subjective because it is already an opinionated perception...as i found out....meron pang mas matigas na ride kesa sa akin shocks palang ang kanyang pinalitan......:mrgreen:
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:On long bumpy trip masakit sa likod:roll:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kase maliit na yung springs kaya your shocks must be bottoming out, for some it takes a year before masira yung shocks yung iba eh it takes less than that I guess it depends on the road, how you drive your car and yung state the shocks.

do you experience yung pumapagpag kapag nag aaccelerate or on bumpy roads?, kung naka matched shocks ka wala yun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whenever you do lower your car height just make it a point na pacheck ang cambers cause lowering a car will definitely affect the camber. Prolong usage of the car with a camber defect will lead to abnormal wear of suspension parts and the tires. better check it after lowering 1T pesos ang pa camber correction.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    lowering: sacrifice nga ito if you want performance and the looks kung di ka sany sa stiff ride then leave it stock. imo lowering doesnt damage the cars suspension system it accelerates the usual wear and tear of the bushings, shocks etc. kung baga in a stock car eh you need to have ur suspension components replaced in a few years and sa lowered ride specially pag naka big mags eh mejo naaccelerate yung wear and tear maybe due to the vibration and the stiffness. just my opinion

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    sir, just changed mags and tires 15" 50 series tumagtag nga takbo ng auto. tapos after 2 weeks biglang meron kumakatok sa rear wheel driver side. Medyo malakas na. Shocks kaya yon. Mron kaya effect yung pag palit ko ng gulong?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by slaytanic
    sir, just changed mags and tires 15" 50 series tumagtag nga takbo ng auto. tapos after 2 weeks biglang meron kumakatok sa rear wheel driver side. Medyo malakas na. Shocks kaya yon. Mron kaya effect yung pag palit ko ng gulong?
    If you still want a smooth(er) ride... you should have used 55 series tires. 50 series tires will give you more control when cornering hard but ride will be harsher. I used to use 50 series tires but switched to 55 during my last tire change.

Also weight of your mags will affect ride quality. The lighter the total wheel weight (mags & tires), the ride will be marginally better.

As for the "katok", have your suspension checked. It might be a worn out bushing due to higher loads when you lowered your car. Also check your wheel alignment. Misaligned wheels will increase suspension side loading too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup malamang bushings/cv boots na yung may tagas. parang metal to metal katok noh?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    yup malamang bushings/cv boots na yung may tagas. parang metal to metal katok noh?
    but he said the noise came from the driving side rear... unless RWD car iyon... :confused:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
suspension knocks after lowering