New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    Thanks for the advise. The pads were replaced by rapide. I have no idea if it was original. Will check everything. My dad said the same thing, na baka daw nababasa kaya ganon. Pero the sound doesnt wear off when the road is dry. Will jot this down and take a looksie later.. Thanks guys.
    By the mention of "Rapide", parang alam ko na kung bakit maingay. :D

Anyway, figure out which wheel is making the noise and inspect the brake pads. Don't base conclusions as to the condition of your brakes by just looking at the outer brake pad. Remove a couple of screws and slide out the brake caliper so you can get a good look at the inner brake pad.

You may also want to put copper grease on the BACK SIDE of the brake pads so it will dampen any noise caused by vibration (oscillations) when the brakes are applied.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    By the mention of "Rapide", parang alam ko na kung bakit maingay. :D

Anyway, figure out which wheel is making the noise and inspect the brake pads. Don't base conclusions as to the condition of your brakes by just looking at the outer brake pad. Remove a couple of screws and slide out the brake caliper so you can get a good look at the inner brake pad.

You may also want to put copper grease on the BACK SIDE of the brake pads so it will dampen any noise caused by vibration (oscillations) when the brakes are applied.
    bakit po ano po problem ng rapide? normal ba nila pinapaingay ang breaks?
    first, i have to figure out kung ano un caliper

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Dami horror stories sa Rapide. http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26622

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    uh-ow. I'd avoid rapide like it were the plague.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    uh oh. if i'm coming from the south alabang-las pinas-parañaque area, where is it advisable to have my car checked? ano ba shop ang maganda sa amin.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    MAraming matinong shop diyan sa Las Pinas... look for a shop thats near to a Machine Shop. Madali lang naman magpalit ng Pads eh.

The first thing you need to do is - buy the parts first.

But the mechanics needs to remove your disk rotors if it needs to be refaced in a machines shop... this may take half a days work. About 2 hours in the machines shop, removing, and replacing, repacking the bearings and replacing the pads maybe about 2 hours also.

There's a shop called GLYCO - near Cecilles or BF Resort... they also have mechanics there - I think. It's actually an easy thing to fix. Medyo madumi lang - If I am only free - I will gladly volunteer to fix that myself. :-)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    MAraming matinong shop diyan sa Las Pinas... look for a shop thats near to a Machine Shop. Madali lang naman magpalit ng Pads eh.

The first thing you need to do is - buy the parts first.

But the mechanics needs to remove your disk rotors if it needs to be refaced in a machines shop... this may take half a days work. About 2 hours in the machines shop, removing, and replacing, repacking the bearings and replacing the pads maybe about 2 hours also.

There's a shop called GLYCO - near Cecilles or BF Resort... they also have mechanics there - I think. It's actually an easy thing to fix. Medyo madumi lang - If I am only free - I will gladly volunteer to fix that myself. :-)
    oh wow thank you but that would be too much to ask. i'll have it checked na lang po. thanks po ah.!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some brake pads have what you call wear indicator, some indicator naman is nasa Rotor na, wala sa pads, pag naubos na pads mo sasayad na iyan sa rotor at mag isisqueak, the squeak will remind you na pauboas na ang pads and needs to be replace

Now kung after mag change ka nang brake pads na bago at nag squeak pa din, maaring yung rotor mo is upod na. Kaya pag nag brake ka iingay na dahil sa tiny vibration because of gap created by wear on your rotor and pads
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; November 2nd, 2009 at 02:41 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    cool thank you sa visuals. ang helpful nio dito.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    make sure lang you buy OEM or other brands na mahusay din otherwise sayang lang papalit.

sabi ng mechanic ko meron daw mahinang klaseng pads kaya maingay. ok daw

bendix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Sumisipol na brakes, what could be the problem