New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there are stud guides for this purpose available or you can make one of a bolt with the same diameter and thread pitch and longer around three or more inches long. cut the head of the bolt and screw onto the hub for aligning the wheel holes through the fabricated tool.

one thing i noticed in a couple of toyota assembly lines in nagoya, all four hubs have one stud bolt at 12 o'clock position. since robots are programmed to place one of the wheel bolt holes at exactly 12 o'clock position, all four tires are installed/torqued in less than four seconds.
    good for assembly lines and such.
    but as i probably remove my wheel once every one to two years siguro..
    "hassle."
    but the info is appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    lugnuts and stud bolts have always been the neglected part. before installation of the wheel, it is recommended to apply a light dab of anti seize compound or wheel bearing grease to the stud bolt threads and the hub where the aluminum wheel reacts with the steel hub and seize. this simple procedure takes care of the difficulty or removing the tire/wheel removal from the car and prevents the stud bolts from rusting and "welding" itself to the lugnuts
    It is best to avoid the use of a burnishr for rust protection of lug nuts and studs. In general, the application of an anti-seize compound or grease specific to wheel bearings is recomended before installing the wheels. These products act effectively by preventing seizure betwen the aluminum wheel and the steel hub. Using a burnisher may not provide the same specific protection, so it is advisable to follow standard recommendations to ensure efective preventio of rust and assembly issues.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Use stainless nuts...

Amazon.com

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Stud/Stad/Lug Nuts Corrosion