New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    [SIZE=3]hi guys ask ko lang sana kung san makakakuha ng mura at ok na strut bar, sway bar, adjustable coil over at lowering springs for my altis 06 asap sana maybe may sudjestion kyo? tnx paki txt sa 0915 783 4327[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    mga boss tanong lang.
    how about yung pakiramdam sa steering wheel na parang antagal bumalik yung body sa pagkabalanse nya. kagaya nung kapag nagovertake ka e parang di mo pa agad maibabalik sa dating linya mo dahil parang hindi pa balansyado yung body. is it a simple shock absorber problem or others?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sirs, noob here. Just acquired a 2001 CRV last month. During our long-drive, my cousin, a wanna-be racecar driver handled the car along Santa Fe zigzag road going to Cagayan Valley, and I noticed several instances of understeers and/or oversteers. (not sure), bsta may times pa na parang umaangat ang opposite na gulong pag mabilis ang pag negotiate sa mga sharp curves.

Anyways, my ask is would be,, what is the adviseable tuning recommended for CRV 2001? I browsed UltraRacing.com, and found 3 types (front,read,anti-roll).. Can just the front tower strut-bar compensate the issues mentioned above?

TIA

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ash0279 View Post
    Sirs, noob here. Just acquired a 2001 CRV last month. During our long-drive, my cousin, a wanna-be racecar driver handled the car along Santa Fe zigzag road going to Cagayan Valley, and I noticed several instances of understeers and/or oversteers. (not sure), bsta may times pa na parang umaangat ang opposite na gulong pag mabilis ang pag negotiate sa mga sharp curves.

Anyways, my ask is would be,, what is the adviseable tuning recommended for CRV 2001? I browsed UltraRacing.com, and found 3 types (front,read,anti-roll).. Can just the front tower strut-bar compensate the issues mentioned above?

TIA
    Nope. You can remove a little bit of oversteer... but it's quite unlikely you would ever see oversteer in an 01 CR-V... at least not bad enough to require rectification.

Rear anti-roll bars will take away some understeer... at the expense of introducing possible snap-oversteer if they're too aggressive.

If you want to tune the CR-V for better handling, you'll want to lower it a bit (not too much), change to wider and/or bigger mags with better tires and add the bars.

Lowering it will bring the center of gravity down and make it more sure-footed. Wider and taller mags will help eliminate tread squirm and the bars will make the car more stable. But what will remove understeer and oversteer will be a switch to better tires.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks a bunch for the inputs Niky! Now makes me focus more on improving the tyres muna, before stepping up for the struts. Whew, muntik na naman akong nag-impulse buying.

Regards!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Strut Bar Question???