New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    More and more aftermarket manufacturers are making a 3-point strut tower bars. Rear strut bar merong lower and upper, same thing as front strut bar. On my previous Integra, rear lower and front upper lang meron ako. Wala pa akong pakialam sa suspension and handling noon, hehehe.

Front Strut Bar Pictures:
    http://www.pbase.com/roowagon/whiteline_fstb

Other Suspension Components: anjan din yung pic ng Rear Strut Bar ko
    http://www.pbase.com/wrxplosive/suspension_stuff

baiskee, if you have a spare change, then put on the rear strut bar. Afterall, its part of the whole suspension package(mentioned earlier in my post.) And as I've said earlier too, depende sa car mo kung rear or front muna ang uunahin. strongly suggest getting a stiffer swaybar (adjustable preferred!) before getting the strut bars.

In additition to my alignment settings:
    this is a medium setting for my car:
    0 toe front and rear
    -1.00 camber front
    -0.75 camber rear

Why more negative on front??
    Which ever end of the vehicle you want to have stick better to the road should get more negative camber within reason.

Hence, if you want less understeer, less negative camber in the rear and more in the front; if the car oversteers more than you like, you put more negative camber on the rear and less on the fronts.

why less negative camber on my rear???
    I already have a stiffer settings on my rear due to my adj. 22-24mm swaybar, endlinks, etc. to compensate or balance the front and rear settings.

My friend's Subaru on the other hand is completely stock in suspension aside from lowering springs and a sticky 225/45/17 rubber. I advised him to have more negative on the rear. his settings are:
    -1.00 front
    -1.50 rear
    0 toe front n rear.

There's too much info about suspension and a few people bothers to tune their suspension. I've seen a 1995 VW Golf take a turn at highspeed and you'll be amazed how in the world was he able to make that turn as if there were no turns at all. I used to think all we need is to go fast. But will your car handle the way you want it in-case of emergency manuevering or turns because you have a powerful engine and you were going so fast? I dont race professionally, I do canyon runs, and I love making turns, at high speeds.

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Salamat po sa mga advices niyo mga tol'.... You really dump a ton of helpful information in here.....

Now I have a clear idea of what to do next.....

Maraming salamat po sir.... More power to tsikot forum mods and contributors...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    mga tol, may kilala ba kayong nagfafabricate ng struts? yung tipong ikaw magbibigay ng gusto mong porma tapos gagawin nila?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    mga tol, may kilala ba kayong nagfafabricate ng struts? yung tipong ikaw magbibigay ng gusto mong porma tapos gagawin nila?
    ...hmmm, try mo sa mga gumagawa ng gate, o sa mga nagbebenta (shop) ng mga bakal (yung magandang shop na pang bakal ha,.. hindi junks ) I've heard na merong nagpafabricate nun sa EG civic (noh, serious!) pure bakal ha, custom-made, tamang sukat, no adjustments, (like the stock TRD Sports ng big body Corolla) yung ibang strut bar kasi na-aadjust (i.e. bolts, may roskas etc)
    Try mo bro, baka sakali,. make sure tama ang sukat nila ha! hehe!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just another question from noob.. Im just a daily driver never tried racing but I sometimes push my car to its near limits on long clear roads I negotiate also winding canyon roads.. but still cant understand whats understeer or oversteer?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oversteer, for the given steering input, sobra yung response. E.g. nagturn ka ng konti pero biglang kabig yung sasakyan.

Understeer, sobrang liko mo na ng manibela, ang hina pa din ng response.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks sir Otep. based on your explanation may understeer pala ung vios ko kaysa frontier.... a swaybar or struts can make a difference? a four point strut is better than 2 points lang?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Understeer is common to front drivers. Understeer is easier for newbie drivers to handle.

As for the bars making a difference, antayin na lang natin ang sagot. hehehe.

All things being equal, 4pt should be better than 2pt. Of course there are other factors like the quality of the bar, metal used, quality of mounting, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmmm... not sure about the Vios, but it sure helps on the Lynx. It helped on the Sentra, too... gave a little extra stiffness to the front end... slim, but still noticeable.

A better solution would be tires. A front strutbar isn't the magic cure for understeer, but it does help handling. In the case of the Vios, though, the understeer is naturally built in because of the torsion beam rear suspension, which limits camber adjustability... even in the TRD turbocharged Vios, with its stiffer suspension, testers report lots of understeer.

One good cover-up for understeer? Tires. Put great tires on any front driver and it will help reduce understeer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For more technical Q's regarding strut bar, here's a good link:
    http://e46m3performance.com/tech/strutbar/index.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Strut Bar Question???