New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Just got a 2010 AT civic fd to replace my 2006 MT fd. I've noticed that the 2010 rides stiffer. My first suspicion are the tires, got Yokohama adrives for the 2010 and gajah tunggal champiro for the 2006,both on stock 16inch rims. Could this be the cause of the stiffer ride? What else should I look for? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Just got a 2010 AT civic fd to replace my 2006 MT fd. I've noticed that the 2010 rides stiffer. My first suspicion are the tires, got Yokohama adrives for the 2010 and gajah tunggal champiro for the 2006,both on stock 16inch rims. Could this be the cause of the stiffer ride? What else should I look for? Thanks in advance.
    Baka pinalitan na yung suspension ng replacement parts...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    stiff shocks may be a sign of impending shock failure.
    "frozen shocks".
    soon, the shocks will feel like they were welded into one un-moving unit.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    stiff shocks may be a sign of impending shock failure.
    "frozen shocks".
    soon, the shocks will feel like they were welded into one un-moving unit.
    Naku po wag naman sana. Medyo malaki gastus for this just in case.I'll have it checked.

How about engine support? Do you think it has something to do with the stiff ride issue?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Naku po wag naman sana. Medyo malaki gastus for this just in case.I'll have it checked.

How about engine support? Do you think it has something to do with the stiff ride issue?
    some years ago, i had my (non-honda) front shocks replaced, all for less than 6K. "mas mura daw ang suspension parts ng car model ko".
    engine supports will probably not contribute in any way to suspension ride stiffness. but they may cause vibrations, which might be mis-interpreted as stiff ride.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    engine supports will probably not contribute in any way to suspension ride stiffness. but they may cause vibrations, which might be mis-interpreted as stiff ride.
    hmmm, thanks dr.d, i'll i'll try to observe the issue again

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009

OEM shocks are approx 8k each for the front, 5k each for the back just in case.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    OEM shocks are approx 8k each for the front, 5k each for the back just in case.
    are these casa prices, sir?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think the FD have always had a relatively stiff suspension by design. It may be possible that the ride quality of your old 2006 FD, due to its age, have become softer compared to a much newer 2010 model. Later year model cars, even of the same generation will feel a bit more ‘tight’.

Also, tire composition, sidewall rigidity, and pressure can also affect ride stiffness.