New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    You'd be surprise how hard it is to diagnose noise inside and outside of a vehicle. A CRV would have this rattling noise at acertain speed lang only to discover that a loose A/C aluminum tubing is hitting a metal part. A Fortuner has a clinking sound coming somewhere from under the driver seat on a continuous rough road; loose brake pedal pivot pin. A Mazda 3 develops this irritating noise from inside the dashboard; loose panel bracket inside the front cowl near the wiper motor. New and old alike, cars are strange. Although parang tao din, the older you get, the more medicine you have to take. hehe

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbalajadia View Post
    You'd be surprise how hard it is to diagnose noise inside and outside of a vehicle. A CRV would have this rattling noise at acertain speed lang only to discover that a loose A/C aluminum tubing is hitting a metal part. A Fortuner has a clinking sound coming somewhere from under the driver seat on a continuous rough road; loose brake pedal pivot pin. A Mazda 3 develops this irritating noise from inside the dashboard; loose panel bracket inside the front cowl near the wiper motor. New and old alike, cars are strange. Although parang tao din, the older you get, the more medicine you have to take. hehe
    Hehehe, right on sir! Kaso sa doctor ang check kasi 250 o 300. Hehehe, sa kotse hindi eh, popogi ang wallet mo. Anyway, sir, question, mukha kasing you are veryh experienced with cars.... I have posted this sa iba pang threads eh, I recently replaced my fornt shocks with kyb excel g's and all four of my coil springs. Now, I did this thinking the comfort of my ride would be more expressed, kaso hindi eh... Now, normal lang po ba na nakaangat ung harap ng about mga 1.5 or 2 inches? Kasi I had a bit of debat na kailangan daw nami palital lahat ng coil springs ko para hindi nakatingala ung car. So what we did, we replaced only the front 2 shocks, pero all four coil springs para pantay. Now, after they installed everything, mas mataas nga ung sa harap. Now what the person who did the work said "intayin niyo lang mga isang linggo, papantay yan, mag lalaro pa yan kasi bago"> naisip ko lang din naman.... Kung isang linggo baba ung harap, what more ung sa likod? Eh di hindi nanaman pantay. So ayun, chineck ko naman ung box nung coil spring at ung nakatatak na number sa coil spring, tama naman na pang front at pang likod. Kaso nakakapagtaka lang.... Tapos ask ko din sir, anu ba magandang springs na makakapag contribute sa ride quality ng civic namen? Parang ang tigas talaga eh. Iniisip ko na nga mag tanabe stuff kaso napakamahal... I mean kakayanin naman po pero I'm not sure if it's worth it. The car is old, there are more parts to consider, pero interms of ride quality kasi, para sakin napakalaking bagay nun eh. So kahit papano I'm willing to splurge a bit of money.... Anyway, that's it. Hehehe, thanks sir eric, pasensiya ka na ang dami kong tanong.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    A shock absorber doesn't determine at what height a car would be. As the term implies, it absorbs the shock (binaligtad lang hehe) from the stiff spring movements as you go along bumps on the road. The spring does that. Kaya nga "lowering springs", yung iba para makatipid, binabawasan ng 1 o 2 coil rungs. To add height naman, you insert a thicker shock mount pad or inserts.
    Now, I'm not that familiar with softer springs that you can use to get a more comfortable ride. If I'm right, the Excel G is gas-type? You should have installed a fluid-type (if available for your model) instead for softer feel.
    Yung sabi ng mekaniko for you to wait a week, that's not true. There is nothing to "set" in a strut. Maybe he just said that in order for him to move on to the next customer. Next..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    A shock absorber doesn't determine at what height a car would be. As the term implies, it absorbs the shock (binaligtad lang hehe) from the stiff spring movements as you go along bumps on the road. The spring does that. Kaya nga "lowering springs", yung iba para makatipid, binabawasan ng 1 o 2 coil rungs. To add height naman, you insert a thicker shock mount pad or inserts.
    Now, I'm not that familiar with softer springs that you can use to get a more comfortable ride. If I'm right, the Excel G is gas-type? You should have installed a fluid-type (if available for your model) instead for softer feel.
    Yung sabi ng mekaniko for you to wait a week, that's not true. There is nothing to "set" in a strut. Maybe he just said that in order for him to move on to the next customer. Next..
    Exactly my point sir, I had all four coil springs replaced para hindi tumingala ung car. Pero despite doing so, nakatingala padin siya. Anga labo nga po eh... Thanks. Yep you are correct, gas type nga po. Wala daw po kasing lumabas na fluid na kayaba for civic esi eh.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Are the size of all four tires the same?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Are the size of all four tires the same?
    Yes all are the same. Trying to find an aternative spring other tha htk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Stiff Suspension on Honda Civic VTI-S