New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi tsikoters. I'm just new here in this forum. I would just like to share my problem about our 1997 Mazda MPV (Converted). Last 2 months ago I went to a vulcanizing shop near our house. After fixing the tires the boy said to me "Sir baliktarin natin ung gulong kasi hindi pantay ang kain ng gulong eh." I told the guy "Okay cge" then he did it so (just one tire. Front-Right tire). After the repair and all we went to cavite and noticed that when I reach 80km/h the steering wheel wiggles and I was like shocked because it wasn't normal of course.

My question is that, did the process of turning the tire affects the performance of the car and causes the wiggling?

Another question. when I steer the car right and steer it 360. There's a sound and the sound is annoying ("Lagutok sound") and I'm thinking of the safety of the driver which is me and sometimes my mom. What are your diagnosis about the sound thing?

To all who's going to comment and give their feedbacks Thank You in Advance and God Bless You!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brendon88 View Post
    Hi tsikoters. I'm just new here in this forum. I would just like to share my problem about our 1997 Mazda MPV (Converted). Last 2 months ago I went to a vulcanizing shop near our house. After fixing the tires the boy said to me "Sir baliktarin natin ung gulong kasi hindi pantay ang kain ng gulong eh." I told the guy "Okay cge" then he did it so (just one tire. Front-Right tire). After the repair and all we went to cavite and noticed that when I reach 80km/h the steering wheel wiggles and I was like shocked because it wasn't normal of course.

My question is that, did the process of turning the tire affects the performance of the car and causes the wiggling?

Another question. when I steer the car right and steer it 360. There's a sound and the sound is annoying ("Lagutok sound") and I'm thinking of the safety of the driver which is me and sometimes my mom. What are your diagnosis about the sound thing?

To all who's going to comment and give their feedbacks Thank You in Advance and God Bless You!
    *bold
    baka CV joint yan sir, prevention is better than cure..

Tapos pa wheel alignment mona din..

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Check your underchassis components. Usually, if your steering wiggles, the common culprit are the Tire Rod Ends. Have it checked. But im pretty sure that the upper/lower ball joints and the idler arm might be also due for replacement.

The lagutok sound is pretty normal when you steer fully to the left or right while you turn or the road gets uneven. Your steering stopper may already be worn out. This is very cheap to replace and even if your don't it will still be safe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it occurs at a certain speed, wheel balance is the usual culprit. Inexpensive to cure naman. Just have it balanced.

If the problem doesn't go away, then that's when you start thinking of bigger (and more expensive) stuff.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    1st, wheel balancing para sa wiggling
    2nd, CVjoint ang me problema sa lagutok....
    paregrease o papalitan mo na...either way...safety issue, di naman delikado yan, pwera na lang kung malala na maski di lumiliko, nalagutok na...

bbalik ka dito, wag ka hit and run gaya ng iba ha... jk.
    Last edited by desert fox; March 19th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    MPV (local) din ride ko.

posted below were taken from the MPV service manual,

HTH

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    My best bet is you need your wheels balanced, just like Niky said.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Pwede ba baliktarin yung gulong? Diba may note don kung aling side ang sa labas?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hulaan ko. Yokohama ang gulong mo? if yes, change the tires. oblong na yan goma malamang. sakit ng yokohama ata yan. ok from 0-80. then wiggles to from 80 to about 100+. 110++ mejo nawawala. observation ko lang . happened to us na twice. both yokohama. after a short time na-oblong. then wiggle. then palit.
    Last edited by dcph172; March 21st, 2011 at 09:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi guys thank you for the reply. I guess I'll just go to a service center and then have it aligned. If the problem still do exist hardly to say it's a pain the ass

by the way my tires are Bridgestone tires

Steering wheel wiggles when reaches 80km/h