New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Plus... the new laser-cut car keys are nice addition.

I remember trying to duplicate the Rav4's keys. Nakailang pabalikbalik yung machinist to and from the car to get it right but to no avail. Ayun sinoli na lang sa akin ang bayad afterwards...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    We use a steering lock even if we already have an immobiliser+alarm system. Its only a deterrent. A casual thief might look at it and see the lock and the blinking light (immobiliser+alarm) and decide that its not worth his time. But a really determined thief would find ways.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    IMO, alarms and steering-wheel locks are deterrents. Are they effective? Subjective eh pero in my PPOV, yes. However, it would not prefent a determined and crafty thief hell-bent on stealing the vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    While we're on the topic of layering security devices, nakikita ko minsan yung accessory na flashing LED light on the dash pero nakakabit sa 9V battery. Has anybody actually installed one and did they actually work in deterring thieves?

My friend has a Civic Si EK hatch and he has installed a removable steering wheel. Yun nga lang he brings the wheel to school in his backpack everytime nakakatuwa tignan hehe. I've seen this a few times before, I think this is effective provided the lock mechanism for the steering wheel mount is very secure and tamper proof.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    My friend has a Civic Si EK hatch and he has installed a removable steering wheel. Yun nga lang he brings the wheel to school in his backpack everytime nakakatuwa tignan hehe. I've seen this a few times before, I think this is effective provided the lock mechanism for the steering wheel mount is very secure and tamper proof.
    hehe, parang si mr. bean. i also use a steering wheel lock when parking in less secure areas.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I saw on tv before, this foreign show hired real car thieves to simulate stealing a car equipped with "The Club". The thieves used a bolt cutter to cut the steering wheel and remove "The Club".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Steering lock users..