New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mga Bossing, what do you think is better to install for the replacement of my Honda Civic 98 Vti stabilizer link? Ok ba ung sa Cruven inject or OEM or 555?
    Budjet: 1,000 Petot only

Salamat Po.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Follow up lang po 1 pc. lang para maalis ung tok tok sa front passanger side. And another ok lang ba na 1 side lang palitan? Thanks po uli.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvaynex View Post
    Follow up lang po 1 pc. lang para maalis ung tok tok sa front passanger side. And another ok lang ba na 1 side lang palitan? Thanks po uli.
    If you are sure that the noise is coming from that stabilizer linkage, then replace it. I used to have a '96 Civic and I had mine replaced with a 555 brand (P300+). It lasted several years until I sold the car. Matibay sya at mura pa compared sa Honda original (P2500/ea).

You can replace just 1 piece, unlike tires or shock absorbers that you have to replace in pairs (left and right side).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Boss CivicVTi salamat po + rep to your reply.

Kaya ko po nasabi na stabilizer link ung cause ng "tok tok" na sound everytime na lubak, I dont know ha if tama ung assumption ng mechanic to remove temporary the connection of the stab link then we try to test drive nawala ung "tok tok" na sound.

Saka to give a shot story hirap talagang hanapin ung tok tok ng honda ko grabe. Been to Cruven Sucat, 1st replaced the brake, caliper kit... nawala then pag-uwi ko bumalik ung tok.... 2nd week Cruven uli replaced shock absorber, upper rack arm bushing ba un?... nawala then after a 2 weeks balik tok tok uli... balik Cruven Sucat uli then this time stabilizer link ung sabi.. now di ko muna pinagawa parang canvass lang muna... Kung di lang dahil sa hot chicababe na anak or pamangkin nung may-ari di nako babalik dun eh..

So this time kaya eh tama na stab link nga? at tama din kaya na bumalik pa ko sa Cruven (siguro kung sa hot chic lang) or maghanap ng ibang mechanic? San ba meron ok plan ko to fix this by this weekend kairita na kasi ung tok tok eh?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Under chassis noise are hard and simple to pinpoint. Hard when the source of the noise has very little indicator of wear, a millimeter or less of wear or looseness can cause a loud noise. Simple, if you can find a part that is obviously worn down.

When I diagnose a car with under chassis noise, we have to test drive the car and try to agree on what particular sound does the driver wants to eliminate, after agreeing on what kind of noise to eliminate, i do a series to test while driving just to have a possible list of probable cause. After which, we put the car in a lift to visually inspect.

When they said that it was a stabilizer link, you can remove it for a while and test drive the car, if the noise disappears then that is the answer. But if is still there, there are a lot of parts that have not been look at, some of these are shock mount, balljoint, tie rod end, rack end, stab bar bushing, suspension bushing, a loose center cap (magwheel), rack and pinion bracket rubber.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *mudvaynex

You can bring your car to Sprint in Banawe QC. From Quiapo turn right at Banawe, the first corner to the right that's their location. I borrowed one of their mechanics and test drove my car. After hearing the strange noises (kalampag) he knew what part of the suspension needed to be replaced. In my case it was the stabilizer linkage.

If you do decide to bring your car there, I suggest early in the morning (8am). Lots of people have their cars repaired there so it gets a bit crowded as the day goes by. They charge their customers fairly too, not too expensive compared to the other shops nearby.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *CivicVTi; *paulgozon

Thanks for all the advice.

I'll give an update once napagawa ko na kung tama and confirmed the culprit of the "Tok Tok" sound.

More power tsikot guys!! It's a nice thing having this forum specially when your not sure or attempt what to do next.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Nagpagawa na rin ako banda dyan sa Banawe, same street, di ko lang maalala yung name ng shop. Okay nga dyan magpagawa ang problema lang dyan maraming mga street hookers. Kuyog ang mga street hookers dyan na papaikutan ang kotse mo at hahanapan ng defect or offer sila ng kung ano-ano. So better always lock you car doors when ever possible even when they already servicing the car.

Lately, sa Gomags Tires - Evangelista na ko nagpapagawa, bili na lang ako ng replacement parts at sila ang pinagkakabit ko. At least, I feel safe ako sa Gomags dahil hindi nakakapasok ang mga Evangelista street hookers sa shop nila. Gomags na rin ako ngapapa-align at camber dahil maganda ang facilities nila at bago ang computerize alignment nila at may 6 months warranty and monthly free check-up.

I'll go for replacement parts rather than Cruven injected repair, tried Cruven injected but it was disappointing.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvaynex View Post
    Been to Cruven Sucat, 1st replaced the brake, caliper kit... nawala then pag-uwi ko bumalik ung tok.... 2nd week Cruven uli replaced shock absorber, upper rack arm bushing ba un?... nawala then after a 2 weeks balik tok tok uli... balik Cruven Sucat uli then this time stabilizer link ung sabi.. now di ko muna pinagawa parang canvass lang muna... Kung di lang dahil sa hot chicababe na anak or pamangkin nung may-ari di nako babalik dun eh..
    So this time kaya eh tama na stab link nga? at tama din kaya na bumalik pa ko sa Cruven (siguro kung sa hot chic lang) or maghanap ng ibang mechanic? San ba meron ok plan ko to fix this by this weekend kairita na kasi ung tok tok eh?
    either she's really that hot or you're that naive to keep coming back to cruven kahit hindi nila ma-solve ang problema mo
    find another shop. . .as for the hot chick, well, punta ka na lang dun for an estimate kuno ng rear suspension mo

honda ba kamo ride mo? try mong dalhin sa speedy fix. . .you can get the contact number and location by searching here in the forum. . .good luck!
    Last edited by vito corleone; March 24th, 2010 at 02:42 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    *civicvti - sino pwede mo marecommend na mechanic sa sprint? sino ba ok gumawa dun? para lam ko kung sino hanapin pagpunta ko... thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Stabilizer link: Cruven injected, OEM or 555 B-new