New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    i think yung belt yun kapag nag light ka nag spin fast yung alternator- baka nasa belt ung ng power steering

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    it's not the belt sir. i had replaced it with a new one too. it was the 10-year old gunky, smelty power steering fluid that was the culprit. after cleaning the PS pump and replacing the PSF, the steering became smooth as ever before...thanks anyway

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ohhhh... yun pala yun... tuwing kailan ba dapat nag papalit ng atf ng powersteering kailangan ba every 6 months or everytime mag change oil?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    it's not the belt sir. i had replaced it with a new one too. it was the 10-year old gunky, smelty power steering fluid that was the culprit. after cleaning the PS pump and replacing the PSF, the steering became smooth as ever before...thanks anyway
    [SIZE=3]sir: i'm having the same problem with my power steering... it squeaks everytime i fully turn the steering wheel left and right.. plus i hear a "krag-krag" sound or a dragging sound that looks like tires are being dragged... how did you clean the PS pump? did you had it clean by a service shop... what shop? hoping that you could help me in this regard... thanks in advance!![/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrlester View Post
    ohhhh... yun pala yun... tuwing kailan ba dapat nag papalit ng atf ng powersteering kailangan ba every 6 months or everytime mag change oil?
    2yrs or 40,000km ata..whichever comes first.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ExROLLA View Post
    [SIZE=3]sir: i'm having the same problem with my power steering... it squeaks everytime i fully turn the steering wheel left and right.. plus i hear a "krag-krag" sound or a dragging sound that looks like tires are being dragged... how did you clean the PS pump? did you had it clean by a service shop... what shop? hoping that you could help me in this regard... thanks in advance!![/SIZE]
    sir i did the cleaning myself...first drain the old fluid from the return hose (hose going back to the PS fluid reservoir).start the engine then turn to lock left-right to purge out the old fluid. open the PS pump then clean it too. it's simple to open then re-asemble the pump. just be careful not to misplace not even one of the flat bearings. there are about 10 of them.im not geek nor tecky but i was able to fix it so im sure you can do it too...good luck!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    sir i did the cleaning myself...first drain the old fluid from the return hose (hose going back to the PS fluid reservoir).start the engine then turn to lock left-right to purge out the old fluid. open the PS pump then clean it too. it's simple to open then re-asemble the pump. just be careful not to misplace not even one of the flat bearings. there are about 10 of them.im not geek nor tecky but i was able to fix it so im sure you can do it too...good luck!
    sir: maraming salamat sa info... more power!!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ExROLLA View Post
    i did the cleaning sir...first you have to drain the old fluid from the return hose (hose going back to the PS reservoir). start the engine then turn the wheels to lock, left-right to purge out the fluid.remove the PS belt so you can pull down the the power steering pump.it's easy to diassemble and re-assemble, just be careful not to misplace not even one of the flat bearings (there are about 10 pcs).soak the pump in gasoline to clean out of debris then re-assemble. 1 liter of "genuine" honda (if your car is honda) PS fluid should be more than enough to refill the system...good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
squealing power steering