New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    its a M/T and it has its own reservoir...i know that it cant be my kit cause the reservoir is still full...its been puzzling me and its frustrating...i just kept bleeding the brakes and it just wont work...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    its a M/T and it has its own reservoir...i know that it cant be my kit cause the reservoir is still full...its been puzzling me and its frustrating...i just kept bleeding the brakes and it just wont work...
    There might be a bubble stuck in the lines.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    the thing is though, wont bleeding the brakes get rid of the bubbles? i have bled the brakes plenty of times...and still no improvement...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    here is my story...

i was driving the other day and all of a sudden my brake pedal went soft. so i decide to pull over to a gas station and checked if i had any brake fluid in the reservoir...it was empty!!! i then i fill it up to the max level...and still my brakes were spongy. when i get home...i check the reservoir...it was till full. so i figured i needed to bleed my brake system and so i did. STILL SPONGY!!! what seems to be the problem? should i change my brake master kit? or could it just be my brake lines? thanks in advance...
    I think you have a leak in one of your brake lines.

If the problem keeps coming back even though you've bled the system time and time again, you should probably have your brake lines looked at. Unless you take care of the leak, air will keep getting into your brake fluid and you will still get spongy pedal feel.

Check your underchassis for areas where paint has been stripped or melted clean off. That's where your leak probably is.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I think you have a leak in one of your brake lines.

If the problem keeps coming back even though you've bled the system time and time again, you should probably have your brake lines looked at. Unless you take care of the leak, air will keep getting into your brake fluid and you will still get spongy pedal feel.

Check your underchassis for areas where paint has been stripped or melted clean off. That's where your leak probably is.
    i thought of that as well...i checked under the car for leaks but i found nothing...maybe i can just bring it to a shop...how much do you think they will charge for a fix if a leaky line is the problem?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i thought of that as well...i checked under the car for leaks but i found nothing...maybe i can just bring it to a shop...how much do you think they will charge for a fix if a leaky line is the problem?

try checking the contct between the master ccylinder and the brake booster. the m/c might need to be reconditioned. there might be an internal leak too between the primary piston and the secondary pisto.
    is your brake system diagonal split or front/rear split? is it anti lock brake system?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nung pinacheck ko ung brakes several years ago, i found out that only one side was working. It seemed that only one of the rubber thingies inside the cylinder was getting pushed forward when i stepped on the brakes, ung isa naiiwan.

Apparently We ended up having the master cylinder replaced and a new repair kit installed. We also found a leak in one of the rear tires(forgot what that thingy attached to the drum brakes was called)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    is your brake system diagonal split or front/rear split? is it anti lock brake system?
    I'm assuming it's diagonally split as it's a Honda.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

Apparently We ended up having the master cylinder replaced and a new repair kit installed. We also found a leak in one of the rear tires(forgot what that thingy attached to the drum brakes was called)
    Rear brake wheel cylinder.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I'm assuming it's diagonally split as it's a Honda.
    Di ba ang mga oto may dalawang diagonal connection naman ang brake circuit so that if 1 circuit fails may naiiwan pang isa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Spongy brake....