New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I'm in need of advice for my 2004 starex grx suspension. I'm in need of replacing my shocks, ball joint, stab link. I gave good gear a call to get prices for the parts needed and now I am in need of some advice from starex owners:

1. For ball joint, stablink, bushings etc. are the replacement parts any good? or should I just stick with original
    2. For the shocks, I was given the option to go fluid using ginza brand or KYB gas. I would have gone KYB but my wife loves the ride so much that I'm worried that gas shocks may affect the ride too much. I'm having second thought with ginza since its too cheap and not a popular brand. Are there any other brands I can look into? Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pamps View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I'm in need of advice for my 2004 starex grx suspension. I'm in need of replacing my shocks, ball joint, stab link. I gave good gear a call to get prices for the parts needed and now I am in need of some advice from starex owners:

1. For ball joint, stablink, bushings etc. are the replacement parts any good? or should I just stick with original
    2. For the shocks, I was given the option to go fluid using ginza brand or KYB gas. I would have gone KYB but my wife loves the ride so much that I'm worried that gas shocks may affect the ride too much. I'm having second thought with ginza since its too cheap and not a popular brand. Are there any other brands I can look into? Thanks in advance
    For your Q1: Yes, you can use quality replacement like 555 brand. But if budget is not an issue, go for OEM parts
    Q2: Since your faithful van is almost 10years old (or any car for that matter), the springs somehow have sagged ("softened") due to daily use. Using a gas-filled shocks will somehow compensate this problem & will have better suspension control. Don't worry, your wife will appreciate the new suspension feedback & will tell you that the van will have less body roll in winding roads....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
shocks for starex