New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speedyfix, how much charge mo for gen 1 CRV for gear oil and rear differential oil change?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maganda ba itong valvoline maxlife for high mileage cars?

MaxLife Motor Oil
    Keeping your higher mileage car on the road means doing everything you can to protect it from engine breakdown.

MaxLife motor oil extends the life of higher mileage engines by fighting the four major causes of breakdown – leaks, deposits, sludge and friction. The synthetic blend formula contains our Multi-Life™ additive system designed to combat these problems unique to older engines. In fact, no leading conventional motor oil is formulated to protect higher mileage engines better.

MaxLife’s Multi-Life additive system takes a comprehensive approach to maximizing engine life:

* Special seal conditioners rejuvenate seals within the engine block to help prevent oil leaks that lead to sludge and deposits
    * Anti-oxidant additives reduce oil viscosity breakdown to help prevent engine-clogging sludge and deposit formation
    * Detergents chemically bond with and remove existing sludge and deposits
    * Additional friction-reducing additives help reduce abrasion within engine
    * Anti-wear agents help prevent engine damage

Give your higher mileage car or truck the extra protection it needs to keep running for a long, long time. Switch to MaxLife today.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speedyfix, wala ka bang package prize kung gusto ko palitan lahat ng oils?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    onedayoldchick, wala pa bro... closest we have is Speedworks pero dito pa sa manila. sa north in mindanao ave

shadow, yup titipid sya. hard to give you an exact km/l savings though since it also depends on other conditions like weather and how you drive, etc. basta over a 10w40 oil it will be better for the milage. re: protection, hindi naman sa it won't protect the engine, pero it will be slightly thinner lang. for the gear oil, i suggest you use RP synchromax. specifically designed for honda tranny's. for the rear diff, it uses atf so you can use the RP max atf. around 3500 give or take for the tranny and the rear diff including labor.

flakez, wala pa sa south... furthest south we have palang now is Orange which is along pasong tamo pa...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    shadow, yup titipid sya. hard to give you an exact km/l savings though since it also depends on other conditions like weather and how you drive, etc. basta over a 10w40 oil it will be better for the milage. re: protection, hindi naman sa it won't protect the engine, pero it will be slightly thinner lang. for the gear oil, i suggest you use RP synchromax. specifically designed for honda tranny's. for the rear diff, it uses atf so you can use the RP max atf. around 3500 give or take for the tranny and the rear diff including labor.
    another question, I read it somewhere that pag galing ka ng mineral hinde pwede gumamit kaaagd ng synthetic? dapat daw semi syn muna, totoo ba ito?

ok, thanks..I'll be visiting you this week or early next week, for the oil changes...wala bang package price pag pati engine oil na? sabay na yun 3 oil changes...hehehe, I'll just wait for Honda shaw to have my LTO stickers para sabay na ang punta ko...

how much pala yun per ltr/quart ng RP synchromax, ATF and engine oil? synthetic na lahat itong oils noh? then ang labor how much..can you PM me the breakdown pls...thanks...
    Last edited by shadow; November 5th, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but for honda crv's na gen 1, the rear differential requires atf also. if you put gear oil sira yan for sure.
    speedyfix, you posted this sa ibang thread, bakit di pwede gear oil for crv?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    flakez, wala pa sa south... furthest south we have palang now is Orange which is along pasong tamo pa...
    complete address sir. what do you mean by Orange? Orange ung name ng shop? thanks.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Is there an oils for diesel test?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    flakez, you ncan contact them here: 818-52-98, 752-71-73, email: customercare*orangeperformance.com or dominique*orangeperformance.com

shadow, no no reason you can't switch right away imo. i'll see what i can do about a discount if you get everything from us nalang. engine oil 440/lit, synchromax 700/liter, atf 650/lit. yup synthetic lahat. di pwede gear oil because it is not the correct fluid for the car. if you check the rear diff then you will see a sticker that says atf only. for the manual tranny naman pangit shifting nya sobra when you use thick gear oil.

edtf, what do you mean a diesel test?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've noticed over the past two oil changes that there's no oil consumption or that oil consumption is nearly un-noticeable when the oil is new, but once past 4000 kms, my Helix Ultra starts getting lower and lower. My first interval with Helix Ultra only lasted 6000 kms. I didn't dare take it any further because it was already 1 liter low. Had the engine checked for compression... compression was good. After the oil change, no consumption in the first 3000 kms again... then after 4000, it started eating again. I am officially sick of this stuff.
    Sir niky, in laymans term ano yung "had the engine checked for compression

Pag City Driving lang....hindi ako kumakarera....ano advise na mineral oil for Civic VTI and CRV?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Shocking truth about Oils!