New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ano recommended nyo na RP for toyoto corolla gli, 98 model??? tnx... nasa 160k kilometer mark na ko... hehehe... tnx...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    magandang gabisa inyo mga bro, patulong naman pls. i have this ranger trekker 2002 and i just had it undergo a compression test due to power loss and lil smoke.. it came out that i it have little amount of "loose compression".. the mechanic suggested that i must use a heavier weight oils such as 20w40 wherein the suggested viscosity in my manual is 10w30... is it safe for the engine if i'll be using a heavier viscosity?

pls. help. TIA

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by maedz View Post
    magandang gabisa inyo mga bro, patulong naman pls. i have this ranger trekker 2002 and i just had it undergo a compression test due to power loss and lil smoke.. it came out that i it have little amount of "loose compression".. the mechanic suggested that i must use a heavier weight oils such as 20w40 wherein the suggested viscosity in my manual is 10w30... is it safe for the engine if i'll be using a heavier viscosity?

pls. help. TIA

well you can use heavier weight oil.. specially if you already have some considerable amount of miles in the engine, so 20W40 should be ok.

but I must ask how low is the compression?? kasi pag masyado ng mababa ang compression (below 110-90 psi) you might wanna have your engine checked for a bad Piston ring.. or a Valve stem seal. also, how often does it smoke??

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    well you can use heavier weight oil.. specially if you already have some considerable amount of miles in the engine, so 20W40 should be ok.

but I must ask how low is the compression?? kasi pag masyado ng mababa ang compression (below 110-90 psi) you might wanna have your engine checked for a bad Piston ring.. or a Valve stem seal. also, how often does it smoke??

aite, peace.
    tnx for the response. my odo shows that it has reached 158t plus. every cylinder has different rating, ranges from 140 plus yata.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    migs, thanks for the RP giveaways....:showoff:

pa change oil na kayo ng RP nakita ko yesterday maraming bagong stocks dumating...fresh from the oven so to speak...hehehe

ano yun mga giveaways? pachange oil na ako kahit 2,000 kms kailangan ko bago next change oil.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Had anyone use FUCHS oil brands since I'll be soon use the Titan Supersyn SL 5W-50W from Fuchs of Germany

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    benyaki, di pa kumpleto dealers namin in the south. you can go to autoteknika in the fort or orange performance in pasong tamo ext

Zeus, check your manual. either the 10w30 or 10w40 weight should be sufficient. what mobil 1 did you use before? the 50 weight?

shadow, no problem bro! salamat din for the referral

benyaki, at that km mark and for a toyota... either the 10w40 or maybe better yet the 20w50.

maedz, even a 15w40 might help... pero it is a patch solution lang and not one that will fix the problem.

wool, depends what is purchased. pens for regular oil changes, the mugs for oil and tranny oil changes and umbrellas if you get oil from the XPR lineup.

Ventoy, used that before... i liked mobil better pero now mobil has a kinda bad rep na for it's full syn oils kaya we only carry the mineral oils. depending also on the car, the 50 weight might be too heavy for the engine.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sir magkano aabutin ng pa change sa inyo, adventure gls sport diesel ang ride ko. paki post naman quotation mo using 10w-40 or 15w-40. ano ba mas maganda sa diesel engine. gusto ko ng ma try yung RP nyo. im using castrol gtx right now. 6 liters of oil ang kailang ko. 5.5 liters kasi nilalagay ko.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the all of the synthetic oil (except the 5w40) are priced at 440/liter. then the rest depends if you will be getting the oil filter from us and have us do the work

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    I've downloaded the oil test and i'm shocked that it involved only 1 type of test . You don't recommend an engine oil with just one test. What is more disturbing is that the Falex Lubricity Tester/Timken OK Load Rating Test is more suitable for grease testing not engine oil. The editors at Street Commodores made a big blunder on this one.

If you really want hardcore info about engine oil then visit http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ and the forum is awesome. FYI royal purple has a very bad reputation here at least on this site.

Shocking truth about Oils!