New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pag sira na shock mount maingay yan and one way to check is the rubber surroundings.. dapat medyo naka lubog pa yung rubber surroundings nya pag yan ay naka angat na eh sira na yan (looks like rubber surrounding ng subwoofer pag sira na) hindi po sapat na may "cracks" lang kasi even sa brandnew shock mounts you will see cracks but hairline lang naman lalo na pag na install na... the rubber surroundings in shock mounts separates the shock from the car chassis, the rubbers absorb vibration that will be coming from the shock absorbers just like an engine support sa kapag masyado na compressed yung rubber due to wear and tear, hindi na effective in absorbing vibration and will cause irritating cabin noise

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede ba diy installation nito or mahirap?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    if you have the proper tools and knowledge about how this stuff works and the proper techniques then replacing this would be a piece of cake... I had done this shock mounting and shock absorber to my kia carnival (you know how heavy and big a kia carnival so you can imagine also how big its shock absorbers and mounts) and I can say to you its very easy aside from the fact that it is heavy.. but for cars/sedans it is much easier since the parts are small and easy to handle

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    just an update, mga bro. . .went to cruven yesterday and had my shock mounts checked. . .it turned out that my shock mounts will still be serving for some time. . .yapoy was right, cracks are not enough indications to change them. . .

tinanong ko na rin na if ever magpapalit ng shock monts e pwede na ang replacement brand, hindi naman daw critical yung part so pwede daw. . .any comment on this?. . .

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    front shock mounts can be seen through the holes in the engine compartment.

normally they have either large cracks or the bearings/bushings are worn na.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    salamat, migs. . .

maybe i should aks si wifey to take the car to your place for another opinion. . .malapit lang ang office nya jan sa inyo, the problem is, she doesn't comprehend anything about cars. . .talagang drive lang

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sure tell her to swing by. it should be pretty easy to check naman and it's up to you na if you wanna have the work done or not we can just give you an estimate for future reference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
shock mount