New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hey Gurus,

My car is Nissan Exalta STA and I am not happy on how it handles the bumps, potholes or any rough road surfaces. I can really feel the bumps, small rocks, cat's eye and everything and aside from that the cabin noise is damn bad. I already had the pangilalim checked by "reliable" talyers like Cruven, Shell Customer Cradle and Servitek (Antipolo and Alabang). All of them are saying that all of my under parts are still in good shape especially the rubber bushings. They checked my shock absorbers by dampening and they said that it is still good condition. But, I am really not satisfied with my car on how it handles the road. I rode corolla big body taxi and the ride is smooth (nainggit nga ako eh). I went back to Cruven and had the shock absorbers converted but to no avail.

What do you think can help solve my problem?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get an S-Class Mercedes-Benz :D

Seriously, what you feel is road feedback from your steering which imo is good. How about highway run, cornering? A good upgrade would be a good aftermarket shocks ea Bilstein, Koni.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Get an S-Class Mercedes-Benz :D

Seriously, what you feel is road feedback from your steering which imo is good. How about highway run, cornering? A good upgrade would be a good aftermarket shocks ea Bilstein, Koni.
    Hahahha!! Baka yung mags lang ng Mercedes ang kaya ko po bilhin!!

Sa highway run po wala namang problema very smooth. Sa cornering ganun din po wala naman ako nararamdamang kakaiba. Yun nga lang talaga the I can really feel the road maski yung kakapiranggot na bato and the cabin noise.. haayy.. Nissanbayan folks recommended to install sound deadening materials makakatulong ba ito talaga sa cabin noise? :

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what tire/mags size are you using? could be because you are using a low profile tire couple with a big rim 17inch and above. anu ba ang previous ride mo before this sentra? Basis for comparison, eh baka naka S-Class ka dati, pero di naman heaven and hell ang difference. what kind of cabin noise, rattle, rumble, hum? could be the dashboard, a wheel bearing going south, a loose bolt of a seat or it simply be tools in your trunk.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Have you tried adjusting tire pressure?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    what tire/mags size are you using? could be because you are using a low profile tire couple with a big rim 17inch and above. anu ba ang previous ride mo before this sentra? Basis for comparison, eh baka naka S-Class ka dati, pero di naman heaven and hell ang difference. what kind of cabin noise, rattle, rumble, hum? could be the dashboard, a wheel bearing going south, a loose bolt of a seat or it simply be tools in your trunk.
    Hi Sir,

15 inch magwheels lang with ordinary goodyear tire lang. S-Class? Naku, di pa ako nakasakay dun . My previous car is Honda Civic Hatch low profiled with SIR mags po. Rattles po eh. As advised, I will sort out the glove compartment and tools sa trunk. I'll give you updates.

Quote Originally Posted by augustus View Post
    Have you tried adjusting tire pressure?
    Hi Sir,

Nope, hanggang 30 lang po ako. Wala po bang masamang mangyari pag nilagyan ko ng 2 PSI more?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's strange... I've always felt that the STA was too soft, naman.

Try getting uprated shocks... maybe your shocks are too soft, so you're feeling the springs moving up and down.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's strange... I've always felt that the STA was too soft, naman.

Try getting uprated shocks... maybe your shocks are too soft, so you're feeling the springs moving up and down.
    Hi Niky!

I think Cruven placed 70 PSI of Nitrogen the last time they filled up my shock, anong advisable PSI po?. Yung almost invisible "tok", "tok" sound po ba eh everytime I run through the uneven parts of the road is spring? Okay pa lahat ang bushings ko according to the shops na napuntahan ko po.

Hi Afrasay,

Na-lessen yung cabin noise nung inayos ko yung trunk. Napakasimpleng solution lang sa cabin noise
    Ngayon ang problema ko na lang ay yun "tok","tok","tok" sa likod...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    tatlo lang po ang kailangan nyong icheck;

stabiliser shaft bushing.replace.
    stabiliser bar linkage;replace.
    most of all,strut tower.replace.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    malambot nga dapat yung exalta. try to lower the psi sa shock. pero it might become wallowy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Shock Absorbers or what?