New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I'm in urgent need of a replacement Load sensing proportioning valve especially the part number.
    Vehicle: 1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max/Dodge Ram 50 (pickup truck) with parts similarities to mitsubishi L200s.

Just discovered minutes ago while checking all mechanical things around the truck. We plan to hit the road in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow but sadly this problem popped out. deymn!

TIA

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Gisingin ko lang ha....ako pa lang ba nagkaroon ng problem na ito within the tsikot community?

Sabi ng suking tindahan ko, replace ko na lang ng T-junction. actually, hindi siya ganun kasimpleng lagyan ng tee. have to change or bend the steel lines in-car kung ganun. pero may reservations pa rin ako kasi the valve is in there to perform a certain function. to control the rear brake pressure according to load to prevent premature locking of rear brakes which is also a safety issue with respect to directional stability.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Gisingin ko lang ha....ako pa lang ba nagkaroon ng problem na ito within the tsikot community?

Sabi ng suking tindahan ko, replace ko na lang ng T-junction. actually, hindi siya ganun kasimpleng lagyan ng tee. have to change or bend the steel lines in-car kung ganun. pero may reservations pa rin ako kasi the valve is in there to perform a certain function. to control the rear brake pressure according to load to prevent premature locking of rear brakes which is also a safety issue with respect to directional stability.
    As what you have mentioned, you are precisely correct. It's the valve that applies the correct braking pressure on your rear tires whether the vehicle is loaded or in light condition. Happened to my Revo a few years back. Nagbabawas ang brake fluid pero wala namang leaks. Wh
    en I checked the LSPV, the protecting rubber was bulging at yun pala ang may tagas. Had the mechanic take off the part as sample. Ni-rekta na lang for the meantime. Sabi ng mechanic, ok lang daw kahit walang ganuon kasi mga lumang sasakyan walang ganyang part. But I was not comfortable without it. Matigas at biglaan ang kapit ng brake. Went to a Gant in Pasay. Unfortunately, walang original part. The replacement was okey for me kay sa wala. Bihira daw ang nag hahanap nag ganuon. LSPV should last daw with the vehicle. Anyway, dalhin mo na lang ang sample sa mitsu parts dealer mo.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    yes the part should last the vehicle's lifetime. but if anything can go wrong, it will. murphy's law btw.

been at the stealership actually, it's about PhP12k in two months time delivery (daf*q). replacement as per my usual parts store is about P1.2k plus shipping and depends also on the part availability.

i prefer to stay stock as much as possible

In search of replacement LSPV.  need help