New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hi guys... ask ko lang if may significant improvement (or increase in height, better ride) if i put rubber spacers sa spring ko? i switched to 17" mags kasi, sumasabit na ung tires sa pang ilalim... ok na ba alternative ung spacers compared sa palit ng spring mismo? tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by exsior1111 View Post
    hi guys... ask ko lang if may significant improvement (or increase in height, better ride) if i put rubber spacers sa spring ko? i switched to 17" mags kasi, sumasabit na ung tires sa pang ilalim... ok na ba alternative ung spacers compared sa palit ng spring mismo? tnx

Rubber spacers will not change the ride quality of your car's suspension.

As for alternatives, there is none that compares to the affordability of rubber spacers.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    noted on that. but will the spacer lessen or minimize ung mga time na sumasabit ung tires? will it increase height?

thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by exsior1111 View Post
    noted on that. but will the spacer lessen or minimize ung mga time na sumasabit ung tires? will it increase height?

thanks
    Well, the rubber "lifter" will increase the suspension height by the thickness of the spacer. It would help minimize the rubbing of your tires against the fender.

One method used to minimize tire rubbing is to have the fender lip "rolled". It is effective if you only need a minimal amount of added clearance. SPEEDLAB has the proper tool to roll your fenders.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It'll depend on why it's rubbing. If it's rubbing because it's too wide, it'll help a little... but if it's rubbing because it's too low, it'll help a lot. Rolling the fender is a more complete solution.

I had to do both with my car. Mags were too wide and car was too low.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks guys. its rubbing bcoz its too low i think... ill go with the spacer first then drive if i need more, fender rolling is next... thanks

appreciate more inputs

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    You can have the spacers fabricated at Cruven for about 300-400/ pc depending on the thickness you need.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    speaking of thickness... what's the maximum height that is advisable to use for spacer? 2, 3, 5, etc inches?

is there sort of efficient limit?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    It actually depends on what you will be needing to solve the rubbing. As for me, I'm using 1.5" for the front and 3" for the rear for a Nissan X-trail which is quite high. Maybe an inch or 1.5" would solve your problem. Anyway, you can ask them to measure it for you. Hope this helps! Goodluck!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gpufrancisco View Post
    It actually depends on what you will be needing to solve the rubbing. As for me, I'm using 1.5" for the front and 3" for the rear for a Nissan X-trail which is quite high. Maybe an inch or 1.5" would solve your problem. Anyway, you can ask them to measure it for you. Hope this helps! Goodluck!
    just installed rubber lifters - 2"..seems a good height so far... drive, drive, drive...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rubber spacers (sa spring) is it advisable?