New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last time i had all my dampers changed i opted to install lifters at the rear end of the car to get some height before getting my audio set-up. Prevent the car from going to low after having additional load from the woofers, amps etc. Is this a good practice and would this have any adverse effect on the overall performance of the the car suspension?

Tsikot friends please advice....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frictionformula View Post
    Last time i had all my dampers changed i opted to install lifters at the rear end of the car to get some height before getting my audio set-up. Prevent the car from going to low after having additional load from the woofers, amps etc. Is this a good practice and would this have any adverse effect on the overall performance of the the car suspension?

Tsikot friends please advice....
    Although you have "lifted" the car's suspension, it still does not reduce the added weight.

In the medium to long term, the springs will sag/compress and the shock/dampers will wear out sooner than later (due to extra work they have to do with the weight of the amps/speakers/box. The same goes for the rubber bushings in the rear suspension.

Also, your car's fuel economy will go down and the brakes will wear out a bit faster with all the extra weight you are carrying.