New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi guys,

just learned that my velocity boot's ripped. what are the risks i run if i dont get them fixed asap? also, what are the road conditions that would up the risk factor of something bad happening to my Gen 1 Tiburon coz of a ripped velocity boot?

i currently dont have the time to have them replaced over the weekend.

also, magkano ba talaga ang velocity boot? pumunta ako sa evangelista kanina at kung anu-anong presyo binigay sa akin. yung isa 400 daw isa.. sa isang shop naman 2,600 daw apat. tas sa isa 400 pesos 1 pares. agh.. parang nagkakalokohan sa presyo eh..

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepad View Post
    hi guys,

just learned that my velocity boot's ripped. what are the risks i run if i dont get them fixed asap?
    The velocity joint mechanism will be exposed to dirt and water. Damage to this joint will surely follow if the boot is not replaced. Grease is also put inside to ensure proper lubrication.

what are the road conditions that would up the risk factor of something bad happening to my Gen 1 Tiburon coz of a ripped velocity boot?
    Driving through rain (water contamination), dusty roads (dust/dirt contamination), muddy terrain will accelerate the deterioration of the velocity joint. Even driving on normal clean roads will destroy the joint because of the lack of grease (the boot ensures that the grease stays put).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi guys,

just learned that my velocity boot's ripped. what are the risks i run if i dont get them fixed asap? also, what are the road conditions that would up the risk factor of something bad happening to my Gen 1 Tiburon coz of a ripped velocity boot?

i currently dont have the time to have them replaced over the weekend.

also, magkano ba talaga ang velocity boot? pumunta ako sa evangelista kanina at kung anu-anong presyo binigay sa akin. yung isa 400 daw isa.. sa isang shop naman 2,600 daw apat. tas sa isa 400 pesos 1 pares. agh.. parang nagkakalokohan sa presyo eh..

thanks in advance!

If you dont replace your ripped velocity boots, the grease in the CV joint will leak out or dry up and dirt will get in. This will lead to premature and accelerated wear & tear of the CV and eventually you will need to replace the entire CV joint.

Boots will only cost a few hundred pesos. In your car, I think there are two boots per "wheel" so a max of two pairs. As for the price difference, just let it go as differences in brand or shop profit margins. Just get the best deal and have it replaced soon.

Wet weather will also make the deterioration of your CV faster because dirty water can easily get in the ripped boot.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Para ding sugat yan na kapag di mo ginamot at tinapalan ng bandage...

lalala at magkaka-impeksyon.....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I think yung mga replacement cv boot cost 150 pesos only with clamps na yon. Bili ka na rin ng CV grease, labor yata is 250 pesos per side.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hi guys, thanks for the response! very helpful stuff.. looks like i'll have to get this sorted asap since bahain sa amin plus i drive quite a distance going to work.. problem is, di ko alam kung kailan siya napunit. hopefully nothing major has happened to my CV joint yet.

as for pricing, Big-A in evangelista gave me the best (and i think the most honest) price.

again, thanks for the help!

ripped velocity boot