New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys, planning to get a new set of rims and tires for my ride. Im planning 16's siguro. And probably Rota's. Any shops u can recommend? And How much budget do i need? Para I can break my piggy bank na. Haha
    Appreciate if u can share the latest rim/tire upgrade you had. Para naman we can have an idea. =)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Up ko lang po eto...have a same dillema

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    di nyo naman kasi nilagay from where ba kayo. it would help a lot to narrow down the choice of shops.

anyway, i'm from marikina and initially looked nearby lang. nearest to me is DKC tire center. sample fitted a concept one 17" tuner rims, pero masyadong naging sporty ang look ng altis ko. also, natakot din ako makalog utak ko at pati car fittings sa 215/45/17 na gulong. very silky smooth kasi ang ride sa stock yoko aspec 185/70/14 ng altis. i know it will be a rougher ride when upsizing your rims, the question lang is how rough can you go. so decided on either the 16" and 15". kaso ang hirap din maghanap ng different designs for 16", and parang manipis pa rin ang 205/50/16, so decided to concentrate sa 15" na lang. i liked the 15" stock asterisk design ng altis, hirap lang maghanap ng 2nd hand. sakto naman nakakita ako ng brand new sa intensity, p.tuazon, cubao. though sabi nung una orig toyota daw ito, turned out rota copy pala sya. no regrets kasi mas robust sya tingnan kesa sa toyota counterpart. mas mataba ng konti ang spokes, which will be much noticeable when you have them side by side. DKC P. Tuazon is a good source also if makakita ka ng design na magustuhan mo. aside from the free wheel mounting and balancing, free na rin ang pa-nitro. mataas din sila mag-quote for trade-ins.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Sir ask ko lang kung meron kaya sila binebenta 2nd Hand Rota Grid 1570? sa Tingen nyo sir kasya ba 25k na budget ko for 2nd Hand Rota 1570 15s and Tire 195/55/15 at least 70% thread life? San po pala ung exact location at baka may contact number kayo? BTW eto po yung kotse ko, Honda City EXI 97, stock rim-tire 165/55/13 taga Mandaluyong po ako.

TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit View Post
    Guys, planning to get a new set of rims and tires for my ride. Im planning 16's siguro. And probably Rota's. Any shops u can recommend? And How much budget do i need? Para I can break my piggy bank na. Haha
    Appreciate if u can share the latest rim/tire upgrade you had. Para naman we can have an idea. =)
    DKC Tire Center
    287 P.Tuazon Cubao Q.C
    911-0250
    912-0467

I suggest going there to check out what inventory they have.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    DKC Tire Center
    287 P.Tuazon Cubao Q.C
    911-0250
    912-0467

I suggest going there to check out what inventory they have.
    + 1 on this shop. They also have a branch along J.P. Rizal St. in Marikina.

Aside from Rotas, the 15" rims from a ES Civic will also look good.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lardcas View Post
    Sir ask ko lang kung meron kaya sila binebenta 2nd Hand Rota Grid 1570? sa Tingen nyo sir kasya ba 25k na budget ko for 2nd Hand Rota 1570 15s and Tire 195/55/15 at least 70% thread life?
    TIA
    As from above, you can try P. Tuazon in Cubao. Tabi-tabi sila doon so you can shop around. To save you time though, unahin mo na yung DKC and also, just a few meters away from them if coming from EDSA, yung Intensity din. I suggest you go with brand new na with trade-in. Kung di pa laspag stock rims/tires mo, baka makakuha ka pa kahit 3-4K (basing it from my stock Altis mags/tires). Average price for Rota 15" is from 16-18k, then if you go with new Westlakes, mga around 9k for a set. That's P27k all-in, minus whatever trade in value of your old wheels, so tingin ko pasok na yung P25k mo.

For me though, nung una nga plano ko is get not so expensive rims, then cheap tires na lang muna. After a year or two, saka na i-upgrade. But having been used to Yokohamas for about three of our rides na... I decided to shell around 4k more for the A.Drives vs. the Westlakes. Mukhang malayo pa rin kasi talaga quality just from the looks of them, so I guess I got my money's worth upgrading to Yokos. Sa Intensity ako nakabili, and they ordered my tires pa... so you can try and ask if they can order you the Yoko Aspecs. It may be cheaper than the A.Drives. May not be as grippy than the latter, but it's a quiet and comfortable tire. Even driving a bit harder than usual, it hasn't let me down naman. Aspec 185/70/14 ang stock tire ko dati, and I have run it to 160kph sa SCITEX and STAR tollways.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi, is it possible for rims to be repaired? If so, do you guys know any shops and for how much? Thanks!

Rims and Tires