New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    jkyamog,

Have you tried asking at Prens Auto supply? I'm not sure kung meron EBC dun but malamang meron sila for your Terrano. Malapit lang sila sa Toyota Alabang, hirap lang mag-park dun lagi kasing maraming bumibili at nagpapagawa dun.

Good luck.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    not sure about the brands from rats pero the metal kings are a good bang for the buck.

they are proven to eat up into the rotors eventually but if you don't do long hard braking like on the circuit this shouldn't pose a problem for you

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Baldo,

Yes I have tried prens, I normally buy from them too. They have bendix standard.

speedfix,

what about the warm up for metal kings? its mentioned by a previous post on this thread.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    well, they have a better feel from the very beginning vs the other more aggressive pads (prject mu, winmax, etc) bu then they don't withstand as much heat, or get better after a certain point.

truthfully tho, 90% of the guys who drive will never reach the full potential of the pads kasi these can only be fully exploited sa track or by repeated hard braking.

yung metal kings lagi umuusok sa mga cars na nakaganun sa brc when i go there. my ebc naman are fine even after 4-5 laps

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes i agree. sa akin i just need better bite for my short trips. unlikely i will utilize sports pads.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I bought QFM (queensland friction materials), so far it looks ok. It seems there is less brake dust and a little better bite than OEM nissan pad (take note mga 25% na lang ang OEM nissan pad ko, baka pag bago different siya). Anyway pretty ok naman ako with QFM. Malayo kasi kila speedfix and Autoxer, kaya hanap ako alternatives. Rats was selling QFM. Nag research muna ako about QFM, not much info pero lahat naman nakita ko positive. QFM are custom pad makers now trying to make off the shelf products.

I think its ok for 3k uncluding labor, its just like buying OEM pads + labor.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    speedyfix,

What pads would you recommend for the track? What do you carry for a mazda miata- used for both track and street?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    ebc's parin for dual use. you can text me nalang so i can reply to you via text when i check on availability tomorrow. i'll text you the prices

i used R-spec before, napudpod agad. now im using bendix metal king din..... but parang may sira preno ko sa likod, may maingay sa rear right wheel pag pumepreno....ano kaya sira nun? mukhang papupuntahin ako ng kotse ko sa speedyfix ah... hehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    speedyfix,
    Thanks, i'm using EBC's green stuff now but would like to try something else. Do you have an alternative brand with more bite, less fade?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Replacement front disk brake pads