New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a new car. Shopping and making my decision would probably take a month.

Right now I have a 10 year old Honda, which, because I thought of buying a new one, I haven't taken good care of for the past year. Now shocks and bushings are damaged. Repairing would cost around P7k. Also all 4 tires are almost done with the 5th one completely busted.

Is it worth having everything repaired and use it for a month or just sell it as is?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's up to you. I don't think you can recoup the amount you will spend in the final price so better sell as-is na lang.

Anyway, most used car buyers will fiddle with the car after purchasing it.

Or, just get the bushings fixed para walang kalampag.

My Pajero speedometer sensor broke a few months before I sold it. The module cost Php3k. Didn't bother to fix it as it didn't really affect the resale value.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzzo View Post
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a new car. Shopping and making my decision would probably take a month.

Right now I have a 10 year old Honda, which, because I thought of buying a new one, I haven't taken good care of for the past year. Now shocks and bushings are damaged. Repairing would cost around P7k. Also all 4 tires are almost done with the 5th one completely busted.

Is it worth having everything repaired and use it for a month or just sell it as is?

Thanks.
    you can have the shocks refilled by zee or cruven. and look for good second hand tires.

or you can sell it "As is condition" but the price will surely be lower than the running market price. but be ready with low ballers.

a few years back i sold our kia besta for 80k, told the buyer the engine was due for overhaul and i didn't want the hassle. that time the market price for a besta was 120k. overhaul was estimated at 30k plus, considering all other repairs done to it over the period it stayed with us, it was costing us too much for repairs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, a stopgap repair like cruven isn't bad.

Replaced the clutch slave cylinder on my Pajero with an el cheapo replacement din pala before I left it sa car shop.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Repair everything before selling