New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    How much kaya for the convertion of rear drum brakes to disc brakes? I know it's not simple as it seems pero how much kaya and is it advisable to convert it? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Php70,000 for a Fortuner.

There are similar threads on this (see bottom of page).

It's not really advisable since improper brake tuning can even result to longer braking distances than it was with your stock set up.

The majority of braking is handled by the front wheels anyway so if you just want to upgrade braking power, upgrade the front brakes.

The Fortuner guys usually do it for the 'bling' factor so when they put on those dubs, there would be no drum brakes visible behind the wheel. They are not exactly changing brake systems to improve performance or safety.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actualy. I'm thinking of the same thing. Kita kasi yung drum brakes pag naka mags. Having disc brakes on all four looks better.
    BTW sa Picanto eto. I've ask the dealers already and they say it can be done but they don't know the price to convert it. And nobody had asked or done that before. sabi nila.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas madali kung front wheel drive, but you would have to search one that would fit ... mounting ng caliper ang next na problema - pinafabricate it madalas.

Try asking EMPEROR (tapat ng big berts sa ortigas) baka merun silang maisuggest - BREMBO might fit....baka merong BREMBO for honda jazz....pasensya na mahal ang naisuggest ko ha.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    it's quite difficult to look for rear disc brakes sa mga late model cars like yours. if you ever do find one, it's quite expensive.

fabrication of parts i guess ok lang but not for the brakes. medyo sensitive part ito. an ill or improperly fitted part could result in brake failure. katakut.

sana pure bolt-on factory or aftermarket makuha mo. may lumabas bang kia car na naka rear disc brakes? if yes subukan mo humanap sa mga surplasan, incase baka bolt on sa picanto.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    There is a model of picanto na may disc brake na lahat and with ABS and EBD ba. Pero sa EU at Korea lang meron. Meron din ata sa ibang Asean countries like Singapore / Malaysia. I guess I better wait for surplus or go back to Kia dealer (casa) and have it estimate. Pwede daw pero I'm sure mahal talaga. Sana kasi naka disc na lahat e.

Rear drum brakes to disc brakes