New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Happened also to my wife's 97 Galant. Vibrating brake pedals and steering wheel when brakes were applied. Some Pinoy mechanic from Mits suggested to change to original brake pads. Nothing happened even with original brake pads. Culprit.......lose thread na turnilyo sa brake caliper.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    To the thread starter, solved na ba yung problem??? kinda give the rest an update please...

btw, kung hndi mo pa nahahanapan ng solution, I suggest to jack the car up, take off the wheels and go check the brake pads... Very less na nasa rotors yung problem ng knocking sound... Your pads have probably caught some rocks that got stuck between the pads and the rotor... that happened on my Infiniti G20 before... GL

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    also, kapag nagwi-weiggle yung steering wheel while braking, maaring hndi rin rotors yon, it could be the uneven distribution of the pads...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    wiggle while braking is probably the rotors fault.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Guys, quick question lang.. nagresearch na ako sa forums pero wala ako nakitang information kaya buhayin ko na lang ang thread na ito..

Nagpareface ako ng brake rotors ko then afterwards napansin ko na parang lumakas ang preno. Psychological ba ito or talaga bang lumalakas ang preno pag bagong reface? The old pads are still thick but I decided to change my brake pads as advised by my mechanic.

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ maybe because you replaced the pads kaya mukhang lumakas, rotor refacing alone will not really give you any "noticeable" increase in braking power.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    ^^ maybe because you replaced the pads kaya mukhang lumakas, rotor refacing alone will not really give you any "noticeable" increase in braking power.
    ganun ba, kasi yung old pads ko makapal pa eh. Kaso gusto kasi nung mechanic ko palitan ng brake pads. Anyway, naitanong ko lang naman atleast lumakas ang brake ko sa pakiramdam hehehe.

Parang ang hina kasi ng preno ng exalta sta eh.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    warped ba rotors mo? baka nung na-reface mas maganda na contact between your rotor and your pads

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A refaced or new rotor would increase surface contact with the pads as against a rotor with groves in it, thus increasing braking power. Did some of you even consider to just clean the brake system to solve the "tok" sound when braking? Refacing would not solve this problem, it would only seem to solve it because during the process the caliper would have to be remove.clean in order to facilitate the removal of the rotors. 18,000 for 2 new rotors? Grabe naman and this is just for a Liteace. Not to belittle the Liteace but in comparison for a Nissan Safari, with a much bigger rotor disc, you can get it for 5k each. For a Mercedes-Benz W124 5k for the front and rear rotor disc and 2k for all pads. These are all made in Germany. Personally I wouldn't go for refacing, brakes po ito and I won't compromise when it comes to the brake system.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    refacing is allright imo if the rotor has not reached the minimum thickness. if it has, then definitely replace the rotor na.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Re: Disc brake refacing