New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We've been having some strong side pull (towards the right) on the 2006 Nissan Urvan so I decided to drop by GlennSter's shop in Kamias and have their mechanic Mang Dick have a look at it.

They diagnosed it as having bad tie rods, rack ends, and having a torn steering boot on the left.

The cost breakdown was as follows (555 brand except the OPE steering boot):
    *Tie rods: Php650/ea x2
    *Rack ends: Php880/ea x2
    *Steering boot: Php150.00

Labor was Php600.00 which included a 4-tire rotation and install of a fan shroud bolt and a new zip tie for the undamaged steering boot. They also noticed that the new steering rack clamp bushings (replaced by another shop 3 months ago) were still allowing excess play at the steering rack and they tightened it by adding a layer of cut timing belt around the clamp bushing.

Alignment at a nearby shop was Php400.00

Ok lang ba yung cost? Just don't have much idea on current prices since I've been a long time customer and I just put good faith on their service. As for the work done, I'm quite happy with the quality so far.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cost seems good. I spent roughly that much for the 555 tie rods and rack ends i got for an Altis earlier this year.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Pati na rin sana ball joints and control arm bushings sir...R&R labor seems fine. as long as you are sure that those 555s are genuine 555s, you're safe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maliit lang ang budget naming mga volunteers. hehe. Kung may sponsor sana. Yes, the lower BJ's were replaced last May. Still saving up for the other stuff.

Shop is owned by a fellow [but inactive] Tsikoteer.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Question about Nissan Urvan (E24 body) Suspension Maintenance